Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Though not bothered about losing weight, I am just about to try getting back in to a bit more shape. Not riding has left me half muscular (my work's damned physical) so I've been looking for a horse to buy to get toned again.
    Finally found one to go and see tomorrow, after about a year of searching

Watch it go and throw my unfit ass out of the saddle and break my arm within a week :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I found out the other day that I weigh 16st 9 (dressed and with wallet and phone etc.) and have high blood pressure. As a 24 year old I ought to do something about that so planning to watch more motorsport and drink more. This is on the theory that I walk alot when rallying and dance alot when drunk Genius.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Per my hero, the first to walk on the moon, when asked if he did such things, responded "god gives you only so many heartbeats, no point in wasting any running around in a circle like an idiot...."
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Cool. Someone made a thread about this eons ago!

So, what are your goals people?

I want to run the NYC marathon and have 4 months of preparation. Just one problem, plantar fasciitis. My left foot feels as if someone is driving a rusty nail into side. Hurts like hell, but hopefully will get better soon.
    Try Superfeet with a 1/8th inch lift. When I was playing Baseball I had the worst plantar fasciitis
    These things were a miracle cure. (prescribed by a Sports Medicine Doctor).
    Their not cheap, but well worth it!

http://www.superfeet.com/foot-health...ar%20fasciitis
    May the forza be with you

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Try Superfeet with a 1/8th inch lift. When I was playing Baseball I had the worst plantar fasciitis
    These things were a miracle cure. (prescribed by a Sports Medicine Doctor).
    Their not cheap, but well worth it!

http://www.superfeet.com/foot-health...ar%20fasciitis
    Here is a testimomial I forgot to put in the previous post
    http://www.superfeet.com/stories/451...e3a3b09ee.aspx
    May the forza be with you

Liked 534 Times in 190 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I found out the other day that I weigh 16st 9 (dressed and with wallet and phone etc.) and have high blood pressure. As a 24 year old I ought to do something about that so planning to watch more motorsport and drink more. This is on the theory that I walk alot when rallying and dance alot when drunk Genius.
    Sounds good
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I always got the impression that rallying or atleast rally marshalling was all about driving into the stage and waiting hours for the cars to turn up, watching said cars go past and then waiting more hours before you can drive out. There may also be the occassional bit of greenery alteration so the photos don't get ruined but walking....surely not?
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I always got the impression that rallying or atleast rally marshalling was all about driving into the stage and waiting hours for the cars to turn up, watching said cars go past and then waiting more hours before you can drive out. There may also be the occassional bit of greenery alteration so the photos don't get ruined but walking....surely not?
    There speaks someone who hasn't walked for miles along a stage to find a good spot : You'd be surprised how much exercise you can get at a rally, especially something like the Wyedean or Somerset Stages where you need to hurry to try and see the cars as many times as possible. I think that the Wyedean is possibly the only time in the year that I run and it's all because the schedule is a bit tight

Marshalling is probably different but it's not something I really do, I generally struggle to commit to events and on the few ocassions I get to a rally I'd rather not be limited in what I see, in fact Goodwood last weekend was the first time that I've been a marshal (except at a single venue event to get around insurance rules )
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 534 Times in 190 Posts
    Ahhhh whereas when you are a photographer you have to hold a camera most of the time, and everyone knows that you need a mars bar to recover after making the effort to shout at the marshal intruding into the photos
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY

So, what are your goals people?

I want to run the NYC marathon and have 4 months of preparation. Just one problem, plantar fasciitis. My left foot feels as if someone is driving a rusty nail into side. Hurts like hell, but hopefully will get better soon.
    christ, who on earth wants to run a marathon or run at all. The most boring kind of exercise in the world, in my view.

I am still the same as always. Weightlifting 3-4 times a week and cycling as often as weather permits.

No set targets anymore, just enjoying the improvements.
    "signature room for rent"