Page 19 of 143 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Put slicks on it?
    I'll take the road bike for that job.
    I need to put the sturdy tyres on the road bike next week, while the good city of Vantaa has cleaned some areas there is whole lotta gravel on the bike paths to eat skinny summer tyres to pieces.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

How have they gone?
    So far so good. I can definitely feel them working my abs.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

For stomach, yes, I can. Now, I am not a native english speaker, so if I don't make it very clear, just say so.

You could try for example three simple exercises.
    1) Get on the floor, on your back, with your elbows being on the ground and back a little off the ground (so the elbows are holding you up) and straighten out your legs.
    Hold them up in the air and then lift the left one a little higher, then back, then right one a little higher and so on. For starters 50 reps and 3 series would do nicely. Always keep the legs straightened out and don't let them touch the ground. Do it properly and dont be hasty.
    3) For this one you need a some additional weight. If you have those 2 dumbbells, they will do nicely. In fact, probably one is enough. Sit down on your ass, lower your body a little bit back (away from your legs so to say) and lift your legs off the ground (this time they don't have to be 100% straightened out, but almost would be good). Try to maintain a good balance. Now in your hands should you have that dumbbell. Hold the weight against your chest. Then start moving your upperbody to the left side and then to the right side, but always holding your legs up in the air and trying to keep them steady. Most people do it so that they do one turn to the right, then one turn to the left, then one turn to the right again, but I would recommend doing 2 to the left, then 2 to the right, then 2 to the left again and so on. That way you work your muscles more properly. Maybe 20 reps altogether for 3 series
    The two exercises have been very beneficial so far but I have a question: do they work the same sets of abs or different ones? Currently, I'm using 3 series of both exercises in my fitness routine but I don't want to use both if it's over-doing the same abs.

Also, the 'plank position' is not working for me - I can't seem to get a good tightness in my stomach. My shoulders and elbows become strained after 40 seconds or so.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    The two exercises have been very beneficial so far but I have a question: do they work the same sets of abs or different ones? Currently, I'm using 3 series of both exercises in my fitness routine but I don't want to use both if it's over-doing the same abs.

Also, the 'plank position' is not working for me - I can't seem to get a good tightness in my stomach. My shoulders and elbows become strained after 40 seconds or so.
    oh don't worry about overdoing it at all, abs need a lot of exercises and can take it easily. How many times are you currently doing it per week and how many reps?
    "signature room for rent"

How many times are you currently doing it per week and how many reps?
    Currently every second day (so three or four times per week, depending). It's both exercises. The 'weight on chest' exercise is 2 sets of 20 reps and a final set of 'double 20' (i.e. I move left twice, then right twice). The 'alternating leg' exercise, I do 50 reps for the first two sets and 75 for the final one.

gop debate new apple tv

Li Jian said,Karen Millen Online going for walks a lot more, that they figured a process of recovery: your shoes or boots Scarpe Hogan as well as hosiery off of, uncovered feet dried up for quite a while, permit the foot relax, or even uninterested Chanel Bags inside a sneaker, painful pus bruises easily. At nighttime, the alteration by appliance Kate Moss busiest take a trip using the team regarding medical doctors, usually for individuals to pick the particular percolate encapsulate thus hectic night.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    I cycled 13.5km on Sunday afternoon, though to be fair I walked it up most of the hills But it's a start.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    well, well... My aim is 90 kilos which I consider to be the upper limit for my 190 cm.... so I need to get rid of 6 kilos... I think that will not downgrade me to Average Ben, right?

I managed to get from 118 kgs to 90.... and now it seems I'm going backwards again. It's quite depressing....

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I'm just back from 3 days of fish & chips, pies and curries, so I probably need to get rid of 6 kilos just to get back to my normal 100kg
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    well, well... My aim is 90 kilos which I consider to be the upper limit for my 190 cm.... so I need to get rid of 6 kilos... I think that will not downgrade me to Average Ben, right?

I managed to get from 118 kgs to 90.... and now it seems I'm going backwards again. It's quite depressing....
    Holy s**t, that's 28kg you lost! Amazing. Don't let it get you down putting a kilo or two back on, you just need to gather mental strength and get into it again.