Page 142 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1423
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    ... Managed 5 k the other day in about 23 minutes.
    Good time. I can't manage any better than that.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Spent the winter getting fitter and fitter and losing weight on the turbo trainer. Then started having knee problems which slowed me down. Then a started having back problems which really slowed me down and now has completely stopped me and now I've got some muscle strain in my side which means I can hardly walk nevermind ride
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Good time. I can't manage any better than that.
    I''ve gone up 6 km and managed that in 29 minutes this evening. Seemed to have hit a wall though, can't go any quicker.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Finally competed in my first 1/2 marathon. 1:47:17. Pretty pleased with that
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

5. Likes: Big Ben (10th June 2016)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there, I am a post graduate student conducting research on the behaviours of motorsport athletes regarding consumption of supplements pre, during and post-race. I would hugely appreciate your help with this. Can you please tell me your diet for all stages and or if you take performance supplements and why? Thanks so much :-)

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Finally competed in my first 1/2 marathon. 1:47:17. Pretty pleased with that
    wow. kudos for that time.

Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    To celebrate the midsummer I took the bike on a bit rougher commute back home, of 25km, only 5-6km's of asfalt.
    The last time I had ridden some of the trails was on full suspension bike with 160mm of wheel travel on both ends, no it was more like 2mm.

The rock gardens and roots weren't that fun or safe, but 80% of the trails/gravel roads were really good.

C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Well we let this one go for over a month, how is everyone doing?

I slacked off for a couple months big time. Got an infection and the antibiotics caused me some major stomach issues, and then used that as an excuse after I got it cleared up. So a legitimate slow down of maybe 2.5 - 3 weeks, leading to extended laziness for almost 2 months.

I think for some reason I ended up with a phobia of sorts, as the worst of my stomach problems came after a fairly hard bike ride. So I confronted that Saturday. Though I didn't work real hard for the majority of the ride, I pushed hard for a segment that's a bit over a mile and a half. I ended up just shy of 400 watts, so I've lost some cardio base in the couple months of slacking.

But it still felt good to get out and do it. And I need to either keep doing it, or watch what I eat more. The weight is creeping back up some.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I did my first 10K run the other week in about 50 minutes.

Supposed to be running a half marathon in October but can't keep to a training plan.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I really had to to dig to find this thread.
    So, it's a new year, time to get all delusional about getting fit . The very thing that we are waiting for the 1st of January to start getting fit should be a good sign of how committed we really are.

My 2016 was quite bad, fitnesswise. I ran 2046km. In December I realized that I could actually cover the distance between my town, Oradea, and Barcelona and after I finished on the 31st of December I realized I made an accounting error. I logged a run twice, somehow, so I fell short of my random meaningless goal. But the really bad part of it all is that I actually gained weight. That's almost depressing. My running was supposed to be the thing that perfectly regulated my body weight. Doesn't seem to be working very well. I guess, if you eat so much crap like I did, you have to do intercontinental runs .