Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Maybe it's just the weight you are meant to be Jon. I have weighed a kilo or so either side of 68kg since I left school which I just realised yesterday was 10 years ago
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I just **** it all out.
    so you're not full of crap then after all
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Maybe it's just the weight you are meant to be Jon. I have weighed a kilo or so either side of 68kg since I left school which I just realised yesterday was 10 years ago
    In a recent family reunion I noticed that all my male blood relatives are taller than 6ft and are slim. The only exceptions being my father and my uncle, who used to be slim until they reached their 40's.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I eat way more calories than the reccommended daily intake for men. I just **** it all out.
    Genetics then. I have a friend who drinks lots of beer every evening, eats fast food, doesnt work out, yet is skinny as a flagpole. But even he weighs far more than you.

FFS, you guys are men, how can you weigh so little?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Genetics then. I have a friend who drinks lots of beer every evening, eats fast food, doesnt work out, yet is skinny as a flagpole. But even he weighs far more than you.

FFS, you guys are men, how can you weigh so little?
    Believe me, J4mie eats enough! He just doesn't put weight on
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

In a recent family reunion I noticed that all my male blood relatives are taller than 6ft and are slim. The only exceptions being my father and my uncle, who used to be slim until they reached their 40's.
    So...... I have about 15 years left then. I can deal with that

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    So...... I have about 15 years left then. I can deal with that
    You're a blood relative?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

I don't think so, I have a line of royal ancestory back to Robert the Bruce (or so my sister tells me).

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Here is a question for you fitness freaks (not related to fitness, more injury-related): I had an accident one week ago in which I tore the tendons or ligaments in my left shoulder. There has been an improvement in my movement since then. An x-ray confirmed that there were no breakages or fractures. However, I've been compromised from partaking in a lot of my regular activities e.g. my occupation as a bicycle courier has been a no-go area. I can reach the handlebars now but still find pain when the bag is on my back (that said, I am going into work tomorrow morning as a trial run to see how I manage). Driving is impossible as I can't reach the gearstick without excruciating pain. Playing instruments is possible now but still causes me some strain after about 30 minutes. The pain is manageable but I would need to take a 5 minute pause or so.

I'm looking for advice on how to improve my condition. How long can I expect before I am back to full strength? I have been advised by my GP to go for a physiotherapy session but, unfortunately, I can't afford to as I've been out of work and have no money for it currently. I have been prescribed anti-inflammatory tablets and gel which, admittedly, I've not been consistent with using, though I have restarted the routine and plan to take it more seriously until the course is finished.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    Here is a question for you fitness freaks (not related to fitness, more injury-related): I had an accident one week ago in which I tore the tendons or ligaments in my left shoulder. There has been an improvement in my movement since then. An x-ray confirmed that there were no breakages or fractures. However, I've been compromised from partaking in a lot of my regular activities e.g. my occupation as a bicycle courier has been a no-go area. I can reach the handlebars now but still find pain when the bag is on my back (that said, I am going into work tomorrow morning as a trial run to see how I manage). Driving is impossible as I can't reach the gearstick without excruciating pain. Playing instruments is possible now but still causes me some strain after about 30 minutes. The pain is manageable but I would need to take a 5 minute pause or so.

I'm looking for advice on how to improve my condition. How long can I expect before I am back to full strength? I have been advised by my GP to go for a physiotherapy session but, unfortunately, I can't afford to as I've been out of work and have no money for it currently. I have been prescribed anti-inflammatory tablets and gel which, admittedly, I've not been consistent with using, though I have restarted the routine and plan to take it more seriously until the course is finished.
    It all depends on the severity of the injury, your general health and so on. If you want to see results and healing, YOU HAVE TO KEEP TAKING THE MEDICINE. Inconsistent taking of it is useless, you could just as well not bother taking it then. Keep taking it and keep taking it exactly the way the doctor told you. Dont miss a day. You miss a day and most of the work you have done will have been of no use.
    It is impossible for me to tell you a lot without knowing your condition, but I can only recommend that you do a search for "rotator cuff muscles exercises". You should find examples what to do, where they explain it much better than I can. Remember, if you feel any pain doing those exercises, STOP at once. So probably at first just simple stretching might do the trick.
    When will you be at full strength? Impossible to tell. But if you dont take your doctors orders and follow them precisely, then be prepared for a long period of hell.
    If financially possible, try to work as little as possible. You have little to gain, but a lot to lose.
    "signature room for rent"