Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

The Get Fit Club

BUMP

Just found this post from 2 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I may be the only person here who wants to put on weight. I'm 6feet3 and weigh 150 pounds, so I believe my BMI is 18.75 which means i'm underweight.
    I never miss a meal, I hardly get any exercise (although I have a standing up job) and I'm a weekend binge drinker.

I'd like to put on 2 stone, preferably muscle over fat . Any suggestions?

I've just weighed myself and I'm now 151 pounds

Maybe I'm just at my optimum weight?

My biggest problem is sticking to a fitness regime. I usually do a month of a fitness plan, don't see any gains and give it up. Currently I have a low intensity plan because I think that is much more achievable and I'm more likely to stick to it.

Currently:
    About 50 press-ups per day, 6 days a week
    10 diamond press-ups per day, 6 days a week
    2 minutes in the plank position every other day
    30 crunches per day, 3 days per week
    One session of 20 Biceps curls and bench presses once a week
    One 2 mile run at least once a week
    A 40 minute football game once a week

I don't have any ambitions to be ripped, hence no gym work. Fitness and cardio is much more important to me.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 534 Times in 190 Posts
    I can't put any weight on at all, no matter how much rubbish I eat and little exercise I do I do want to be fitter though and since February have been swimming for 30ish mins each weekday morning before work, which has been good but I still have no muscles or stamina I did try to go up Ben Nevis 3 weeks ago and it took me a week before I could walk up or down stairs without being in pain

May joing the local gym and do some different exercise rather than swimming all the time, but it's cheap and convenient.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    I can't put any weight on at all, no matter how much rubbish I eat and little exercise I do I do want to be fitter though and since February have been swimming for 30ish mins each weekday morning before work, which has been good but I still have no muscles or stamina I did try to go up Ben Nevis 3 weeks ago and it took me a week before I could walk up or down stairs without being in pain
    Just doing the brakes on the 500 yesterday made me walk like John Wayne today......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I swim, walk, hike and ride both my mountain bike and my new road bike on a regular if not daily basis. Im thinking of joining a gym this winter though. Rather annoyingly I'm way behind on my personal target of completeing 300km's worth of exercise this month. After going ankle deep in a bog two weekends ago when mountain biking I had to purchase new cycling shoes to go road cycling the next day. I picked up my new peddles from the post office this morning and hopefully I will be going clipless this weekend. It can only be a recipe for disaster.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Working on getting down to 80kg by the first round of the ARC next year. Just so i can fit in my super duper race suit

Have changed my whole diet and have lost 4kg over the last 6 weeks, doing a lot of walking and not so much time in front of the computer.

Body is starting to wake up get into the fitness thingo.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I picked up my new peddles from the post office this morning and hopefully I will be going clipless this weekend. It can only be a recipe for disaster.
    You don't have clipless pedals on your mountain bike? If not, don't worry, the learning curve isn't too bad. I wouldn't switch back to regular pedals anymore, cliplesses give a much more stable feel on the bike, especially when bunnyhopping a small kerb on a road bike at 35kph.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    You don't have clipless pedals on your mountain bike? If not, don't worry, the learning curve isn't too bad. I wouldn't switch back to regular pedals anymore, cliplesses give a much more stable feel on the bike, especially when bunnyhopping a small kerb on a road bike at 35kph.
    I've never had clipless pedals full stop. I'm going to learn to go clipless on my mountain bike as it has a much lower bar and far superior brakes. Once I've mastered using them on my mountain bike they will be switched to my road bike. I'd never even riden a road bike before I bought mine about a month ago so there was no way that I was going to go clipless straightaway on a bike with a racing position, high bar and really rubbish brakes. Don't think I fancy mountain biking clipless though. One X-ray after a fall this year was plenty enough for me.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    A constant shoulder problem has stopped me from working out at my usual schedule for quite a while now, just doesn`t seem to want to go away. So my weight has dropped, I have lost muscle mass and I am far weaker than 2 years ago. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    BUMP

Just found this post from 2 years ago

I've just weighed myself and I'm now 151 pounds

Maybe I'm just at my optimum weight?

My biggest problem is sticking to a fitness regime. I usually do a month of a fitness plan, don't see any gains and give it up. Currently I have a low intensity plan because I think that is much more achievable and I'm more likely to stick to it.

Currently:
    About 50 press-ups per day, 6 days a week
    10 diamond press-ups per day, 6 days a week
    2 minutes in the plank position every other day
    30 crunches per day, 3 days per week
    One session of 20 Biceps curls and bench presses once a week
    One 2 mile run at least once a week
    A 40 minute football game once a week

I don't have any ambitions to be ripped, hence no gym work. Fitness and cardio is much more important to me.
    151 pounds at your height. START EATING FFS. That is not optimum weight for a man, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Just doing the brakes on the 500 yesterday made me walk like John Wayne today......
    Are you sure that is not because you had dunnell over last night?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Are you sure that is not because you had dunnell over last night?
    No, definitely just because of doing the brakes
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

151 pounds at your height. START EATING FFS. That is not optimum weight for a man, no way.

)
    I eat way more calories than the reccommended daily intake for men. I just **** it all out.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!