Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1423
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Re: The Get fit club!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    I had done approximately 60 miles on bike by this time last year, in February alone. Haven't done a thing this month as the weather is awful. Not good!

Yeah weather has been awful ever since the middle of January, cold, rain, and blowing a gale all the time. It's at least getting warmer now but it's still wet and windy.

It's always this time of year, just going into March that I get right fed up with the 'winter'.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts

Did the first training ride today, 37km's and two hours. Not very good start, despite strong headwinds and a hilly route, I'm not in a good shape, unless one thinks round is a good shape.

Weather is really strange this time of the year, I don't think I have ever ridden a 100% tarmac ride in March.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Admin

After spending most of the winter trying to go on club rides and then getting dropped pretty quickly, it was nice going on my first sportive of the year yesterday where I actually was able to keep up with people, and overtake quite a few too! The first ride out with short sleeves too . Did 77 miles although I was feeling super weak towards the end as it was quite a hilly course.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts

Yesterday was probably the last day I could go skiing for the season, about five and a half miles on some very crusty snow an hour north in Wisconsin. Today the piles of snow on either side of the trail meant there were plenty of mini lakes that slowed me down. But still it's nice to ride without lots of layers. The brakes are totally shot, though and I have to put on some new pads soon. I only wish my car's brakes were as inexpensive since those need replacing, too.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    After spending most of the winter trying to go on club rides and then getting dropped pretty quickly, it was nice going on my first sportive of the year yesterday where I actually was able to keep up with people, and overtake quite a few too! The first ride out with short sleeves too . Did 77 miles although I was feeling super weak towards the end as it was quite a hilly course.
    You dropped me within the first 3km, rub it in why don't you. You have improved no end and should be proud if your abilities now compared to a year ago.

I did a mere 50 miles yesterday. I felt OK on the flat but seriously need to improve on the hills as my legs had nothing to give. However, I was quite please with the ride considering yesterday's ride more than double my outdoor cycling mileage for the year. Plus I didn't need to accompany anyone in an ambulance so an improvement on my last ride regardless.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

so what's up guys?

any runner out there?

I've started running more seriously lately (did a 24k run on Saturday). The winter was pretty mild here but I did slow down nonetheless. Now it's time to go for that marathon.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

After looking at the forecast, I've entered my first mountain bike orienteering event of the year on Saturday, starting at the top of Sutton Bank :\ I can foresee it being a bit of a struggle as I'm really out of shape, but will be good to get a few miles under my belt and get back into the swing of things.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin

Awesome! Sutton Bank isn't so bad if you're just going down? If up too then ouch!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Start and finish is at the car park at the top - no doubt there will be checkpoints on the lower side, I can see myself quite happily losing out on those points, we'll see how it goes. Looking breezy
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Start and finish is at the car park at the top - no doubt there will be checkpoints on the lower side, I can see myself quite happily losing out on those points, we'll see how it goes. Looking breezy
    Yeah, 20mph Westerly forecast for Sunday, considering all the nice weather we've had, that's annoying.