Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Acquired taste really, can be very refreshing. Depends on what you usually drink too, if you're a lager man then Guinness will probably taste too strong, whereas if you're partial to a few ales then it's just something else to try.
    I prefer a good brandy to be honest, I rarely drink beer.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am taking better care of myself now and am maintaining a balanced diet. I will be leaving for Vancouver tomorrow for a few days, so I hope I can keep my momentum and not stuff my mouth!

Glad you guys brought up the topic of working out your legs. Time and time again I see fat dudes at the gym with huge arms, a gut, and chicken legs. Work out your legs people! It's easy and you can really feel a difference after a few weeks of consistent training. Here's a site that can give you ideas on how to train your legs. Remember to leave your ego at the door and work on technique (can't stress this enough), then steadily increase weight.

OK. Enough talk, time to run!

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I prefer a good brandy to be honest, I rarely drink beer.
    I think I know a beer that can change your mind.

Stone Brewing Company (San Diego, CA) - Arrogant B@stard

I love it, and I hate that piss water everyone else seems to enjoy.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I am taking better care of myself now and am maintaining a balanced diet. I will be leaving for Vancouver tomorrow for a few days, so I hope I can keep my momentum and not stuff my mouth!

Glad you guys brought up the topic of working out your legs. Time and time again I see fat dudes at the gym with huge arms, a gut, and chicken legs. Work out your legs people! It's easy and you can really feel a difference after a few weeks of consistent training. Here's a site that can give you ideas on how to train your legs. Remember to leave your ego at the door and work on technique (can't stress this enough), then steadily increase weight.
    I see skinny guys doing leg presses with 250 kg, but the amplitude of their leg movement is almost non-existant and they always lock their knees (good luck trying to walk at 40), it is quite sad to watch people put their egos in front of their health.

I think I know a beer that can change your mind.

Stone Brewing Company (San Diego, CA) - Arrogant B@stard

I love it, and I hate that piss water everyone else seems to enjoy.
    I would love to drink beer named after myself

If I ever arrive somewhere in California, the beer`s on me
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'd like to go for a run where I don't get chased by cows
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I'd like to go for a run where I don't get chased by cows
    Go to Pamplona, around July 7th, and you can be chased by bulls instead

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The bull run is on my birthday? Cooooool
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Now that summer is almost over it's time to recap how miserably one failed at keeping in shape.
    I rode about half what I inteted on the road bike, at the moment only about 1100km. No running at all until yesterday when I did the Cooper test for the first time in ten years, 2400m isn't very inspiring.

On the positive side of cycling I did improve my 10km time trial time for about 30 seconds between early June and last week, but that's mostly due to a new rear wheel and much better tires.

And there's a chance I might start thinking about concidering to get a new mountain bike to replace the one I haven't ridden in five years.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad somebody bumped this thread.

All I managed to do during summer was get skinny and I lost a lot of my muscle mass. This is mostly due to the fact that I run a lot more than I ever have, thanks to the Army, and I haven't lifted weights since May. I feel and look good, but I'd rather bulk up again and get that "cut" body I once had.

Wish me luck! I'll start lifting this following week once again and going strong until the rest of the year.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I've not done any upper body exercise for months. I have been running at least 5 miles per week and playing a football match every week.

I'm really enjoying my running and I wish I could do it more often, but my joints and shins can't seem to take it.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My excercise regime has been severly disrupted because my body seems to think I am about 50. Every joint in my body seems to be going and even doing push ups makes me feel like my wrist is going to brake. I played some beach hockey on saturday and I feel incredibly stiff. Oh dear.