Page 104 of 143 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1423
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Re: The Get fit club!

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I've run over 120kms in October. I think that's the most all year . Now... hibernation awaits .
    No! If you rest you rust! Keep at it
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

I've walked 110miles (177km) in October, a new record, exactly the same distance cycling 110 miles!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    You aren't slow on a bike, your bike is just slow on the road, big difference. We should go to Hamsterley Forest or somewhere where I can rent a mountain bike. Of course if it's too cold for you
    Mark, I am definitely slow Still need to see about maybe getting a road bike next year, been thinking about it quite a lot. Not been to Hamsterley much, I was down in Dalby a month or so ago and absolutely loved it, think I will get a forest pass for there next year and head down more often, probably the most enjoyable ride of my bike I've had and most importantly not too difficult!! If you fancy heading down sometime that'd be cool, but I definitely won't be on the bike until it warms up - need to give it a proper wash and polish this weekend, rallying the next weekend and then I am off to Kenya where there will be a severe lack of exercise

Was on the exercise bikes in the gym a few times this week (nice and warm inside) and found it extremely hard work, only did about 5 miles each time but was totally dead with sweat dripping all over the floor :\
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

123km for myself... very far from the 199 done in August. And there were 158 in September. I must stop this trend.

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Mark, I am definitely slow Still need to see about maybe getting a road bike next year, been thinking about it quite a lot.
    Aha! You totally should! Massive difference in road vs MTB, and everyone should have both anyway! Just ask me because I know quite a bit about different road bikes etc now If you need inspiration to get road biking check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmJtYaUTa0

Not been to Hamsterley much, I was down in Dalby a month or so ago and absolutely loved it, think I will get a forest pass for there next year and head down more often, probably the most enjoyable ride of my bike I've had and most importantly not too difficult!! If you fancy heading down sometime that'd be cool, but I definitely won't be on the bike until it warms up - need to give it a proper wash and polish this weekend
    Nice! Haven't been there before but definitely up for giving it a go

, rallying the next weekend and then I am off to Kenya where there will be a severe lack of exercise
    You're always in Africa you!
    Was on the exercise bikes in the gym a few times this week (nice and warm inside) and found it extremely hard work, only did about 5 miles each time but was totally dead with sweat dripping all over the floor :\
    They are hard work! That's the point of them! Most gyms are far too hot. Excercise bikes should have built in massive fans really.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

I've slacked off this month. About 210 miles on the bike, and 14-15 walking.

But all the bike miles remain on the BOMB (Beat Old Mountain Bike). Maybe I should use a conversion factor to road bike miles, kinda like dog years?

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    But all the bike miles remain on the BOMB (Beat Old Mountain Bike). Maybe I should use a conversion factor to road bike miles, kinda like dog years?
    Or a golf handicap.

Endomondo indicates 635 miles for October. Only half of it is my commute, though:

May I mention again how much I truly hate the image size requirements that are geared for resolution and bandwidth concerns that are over twenty years old?

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Great photo. I wish I had something that interesting to ride to locally. We do have some nice areas, but the roads here are taking your life in your own hands. Though I'd cover more distance and see more on a road bike, I think I'll stay off of most of the roads around here. It simply isn't worth it.

But really as long as I get the exercise I don't mind the distance factor. As it is now we have several areas I can bike to and do a little exploration on the trails and such that wouldn't be suitable for a road bike. I might be able to get away with a not too skinny semi road tire, but slicks are out of the question unless I want to stay to the roads.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

72km in 6 consecutive, out of which 4 were work days.. and a long run of 20km... so yeah, in your face stupid autumn!

Admin

Getting cold and icy here. But yesterday I still managed to go out and do my longest ever ride from home - 66 miles, 11 miles further than I'd been from home before. And only 2 miles shorter than my longest ever ride

I'd really like to work up to doing a century ride, but daylight is against me this time of year, yesterday it was only just getting light when I set out, and it was starting to get dark again when I was getting back.