Page 103 of 143 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1423
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts

Re: The Get fit club!

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    With running I think the worst thing that you can do is do too much too soon. Start off with a few light runs and ease your way into it to avoid any stress-related injuries (speaking from experience ). Even if you feel o.k. duing the run, you might feel the pain the next day .
    Depending on your weight you may also need new knees in fifteen to twenty years.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

i don't know about that. i've lost like 10 kg in 4 months of serious running. weight shouldn't be a problem for long if you take your running seriously, right?

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    i don't know about that. i've lost like 10 kg in 4 months of serious running. weight shouldn't be a problem for long if you take your running seriously, right?
    Well done boet Like I said before, soon we will be calling you Little Ben
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It gets better . I didn't like it at first either. it took me sometime to build some resistance but now I see it more like a relaxation activity .
    Yeah I think it's the impacts etc as my body just doesn't like it, hopefully if I keep at it I can get past that point, certainly when cycling I have no issue putting in so much effort I can't see straight and then click up a gear and go harder; and yet with running any more than about 2 minutes my body is screaming at me to stop.
    With running I think the worst thing that you can do is do too much too soon. Start off with a few light runs and ease your way into it to avoid any stress-related injuries (speaking from experience ). Even if you feel o.k. duing the run, you might feel the pain the next day .
    A bit of advice with regards to running. A lot of people are mistaken when they think the further or longer they run the more weight they will lose. In fact, a shorter more intense run will not only burn more fat, but build your body strength better too. Just a friendly tip
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Weight loss isn't what I'm after - although it would be nice. It's improving my CV fitness in order to help my cycling.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

Some people, like me, just prefer running longer rather than faster. And being an activity I enjoy I don't mind it takes more time.

Anyway, I'm kind of annoyed by the daylight saving time. Why do we save daylight when we have so little? Now by the time I start running it's already pretty dark and by the time I finish I barely see anything. I guess I just have to put my headlamp to some good use from now on.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

Anyway, I'm kind of annoyed by the daylight saving time. Why do we save daylight when we have so little? Now by the time I start running it's already pretty dark and by the time I finish I barely see anything. I guess I just have to put my headlamp to some good use from now on.
    I have the same issue here. I usually run after work, and this time of year it’s starting to get dark early, even without the time change.
    My main worry is being seen by motorists and cyclists. The limited reflective strips on my running gear don’t instill much confidence so I recently picked up one of these that I’ve started wearing around my arm. Seems to work fine, although it’s a bit awkward to get on.
    http://www.mec.ca/product/5008-385/plan ... ed%2Blight
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 527 Times in 188 Posts

My dad started doing a bit of running a couple of years ago, he regularly does park runs at weekends and the odd 5k/10k. He has lost a lot of weight but probably mostly down to counting the calories. As I only see him every couple of months it's still a surprise for me when I see him, if you didn't know then you'd think there was something wrong with him!

Would love to be able to run more, but don't particularly enjoy it and as with other exercise I suffer from a severe lack of stamina. I did watch a triathlon on tv the other week and thought it would be fun to do - then realised that I'm not a particularly good swimmer (and I HATE cold water), pretty slow on a bike, and don't like the running!

Spent last weekend tidying up my garage and moving all the bike stuff out of the road, just need to give the bike itself a good clean before leaving it for the winter. Luckily I did this and put the car inside when the next day I found two tiles smashed on my driveway where it's usually parked :/

Played a bit more tennis recently, getting better and more confident and doing better shots. Still a lot of bits of technique I need to work on but will come with time I hope
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Would love to be able to run more, but don't particularly enjoy it and as with other exercise I suffer from a severe lack of stamina. I did watch a triathlon on tv the other week and thought it would be fun to do - then realised that I'm not a particularly good swimmer (and I HATE cold water), pretty slow on a bike, and don't like the running!
    You aren't slow on a bike, your bike is just slow on the road, big difference. We should go to Hamsterley Forest or somewhere where I can rent a mountain bike. Of course if it's too cold for you
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

I've run over 120kms in October. I think that's the most all year . Now... hibernation awaits .
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti