Page 121 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1423
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Also need to look at how to carry stuff with me as I feel naked without a bag full of stuff
    Get a rack, take the weight off your back!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Nah just carry less stuff!

Friend of mine who just got a road bike less than a year ago did all his rides with a massive yellow backpack. I swear he had a duvet in it or something; we manages with a small saddle bag and jersey pockets as that's all you need.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 675 Times in 472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Did you notice if he had a lockout on the suspension? That helps on the uphills.
    Doubtful. It was an older hardtail with what appears to be fairly basic front suspension. TBH I wouldn't have noticed if it was locked as I was just wondering how he was making the climbs.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Did OK last month but I could have done much better. Felt like I was sitting around doing nothing most of the time, but then I managed my best ever cycling milage total - not sure how!

Got my 'Gran Fondo' in early this month with an 85 mile ride up into Northumberland, but it was a hellish headwind on the way back .

Next weekend if the weather is ok I'm fancying doing a one way ride, like 100 miles and get the train back.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I didn't run much in July (about 100km) but I did Le Tour Du Mont Blanc and a side trip before that near Matterhorn... so all in all something like 200 km, climbing and descending about 15000 m in 2 weeks carrying my home in a backpack. I lost more than 3 kg and that's not really a good thing since I feel I'm dropping below the line.. but thank God I'm never out of a good appetite

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I didn't run much in July (about 100km) but I did Le Tour Du Mont Blanc and a side trip before that near Matterhorn... so all in all something like 200 km, climbing and descending about 15000 m in 2 weeks carrying my home in a backpack. I lost more than 3 kg and that's not really a good thing since I feel I'm dropping below the line.. but thank God I'm never out of a good appetite
    Got a little excited there... Just 12000 m up and down

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Went to watch the Commonwealth Games up in Glasgow last week and saw both the mountain biking and time trial events. There was one particular Kenyan woman who had entered the mountain biking, I am sure, purely on the basis that she could ride a bike. I have never seen such a look of fear in anyones face as I did on hers. Her bike looked like it was worth about 50p, had no suspension, and old school V brakes. Many of the athletes from African countries had taken in their bikes for service whilst in Scotland and were told they were unserviceable and were either loaned or given new bikes which does make me think how lucky I am to have all the bikes I have.

Have done a bit of mountain biking lately but have mostly been trying to concentrate running. I managed to run 9.15km in an hour on Sunday with my training plan requiring me to run 11.2km this Sunday which is further than I have ever run before. So far everything in my plan has been doable but I think I need to run faster which I find very difficult to do on my own. Think I need to get the other half to come out with me on a bike so i'll run faster. Having said that, my fastest ever hour record is 9.2km which was set more than 18 months ago when I last ran semi-seriously so I am not doing to bad. I am thinking about going out to run a 5km best tonight but we'll see.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    Went to watch the Commonwealth Games up in Glasgow last week and saw both the mountain biking and time trial events. There was one particular Kenyan woman who had entered the mountain biking, I am sure, purely on the basis that she could ride a bike. I have never seen such a look of fear in anyones face as I did on hers. Her bike looked like it was worth about 50p, had no suspension, and old school V brakes. ...
    That sounds odd. Was there no qualification requirements for that event?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Nope, I believe that it was up to individual countries to select and enter an athlete unlike the Olympics where specific times need to be met or certain events need to entered etc. I really felt for her but on the other side I am thinking about entering myself into the mountain biking event in 2018 for the country of my fathers birth as I could do with a holiday to the Gold Coast.

Tonight I am going to attempt to run 11.25km or 7 miles. Never run that far before but I am going to give it a go.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    Nope, I believe that it was up to individual countries to select and enter an athlete unlike the Olympics where specific times need to be met or certain events need to entered etc. I really felt for her but on the other side I am thinking about entering myself into the mountain biking event in 2018 for the country of my fathers birth as I could do with a holiday to the Gold Coast.

Tonight I am going to attempt to run 11.25km or 7 miles. Never run that far before but I am going to give it a go.
    Good Luck
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy