Page 113 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1423
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yeah, 20mph Westerly forecast for Sunday, considering all the nice weather we've had, that's annoying.
    And it was bloody horrible riding into the wind. Forecast for more of the same for this weekend
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I'm trying jogging again first time in five years. I'm trying to be sensible at it and do very limited distances at first to protect knees and other body parts. Luckily my bad shape comes quite handy in limiting the run time.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Admin
    I think I'll give this service a go http://blog.endomondo.com/2014/04/01...ers-look-good/ it'll make me look a bit less lazy

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi View Post
    I'm trying jogging again first time in five years. I'm trying to be sensible at it and do very limited distances at first to protect knees and other body parts. Luckily my bad shape comes quite handy in limiting the run time.
    Yep, jogging is a high-impact activity so the joints take a beating (I know ). Take it slow at first and gradually work your way up the distances . Investing in a pair of good shoes helps.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    so what's up guys?

any runner out there?

I've started running more seriously lately (did a 24k run on Saturday). The winter was pretty mild here but I did slow down nonetheless. Now it's time to go for that marathon.
    Good for you BB!
    After a couple of months of semi-hibernation, I'm gradually getting back into it. Ran a couple of 10k's during the last week. Felt moderately comfortable but have no plans for anything close to a marathon .

Question for the cyclists...

I’m planning on ditching my well-aged mountain bike for a new one in the next couple of weeks (thankfully my company benefits package will reimburse a good portion of the cost ).

It seems that a 29in wheel size is the norm these days, although the 650b is also popular.

What do you all ride? Having never ridden one, why would I want a 29in vs. a 650b wheel size?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Admin
    Can of worms!

Ok I'm a roadie so I don't profess to know much about MTB perhaps Jamie can add something.

But 29er isn't the standard they are still pretty niche I think they are for more open terrain when you want to blat along pretty quickly. I'm thinking upland moors etc. it's the same sized wheel as road bikes I think.

But the standard if there is one is still 26" which is best for the technical trails.

650b is half way between the two so professes the best of both, or worst of both depending on your point of view!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I still don't do a lot of exercise but, thanks to changes in my diet (mainly cutting back on beer!), I've managed to go from 16st9 at the start of the year down to 15st7 now. Even though I'm 6ft I'm still well overweight but hopefully into the summer that I'll have more free time (been crazy busy at work) to actually start being active too, my aim is to be down to 14st9 by the end of the year. In theory I could crash diet to get there but I'd far rather be in a position where the weight that I lose stays off, so it's more about adjusting habits and lifestyle
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Question for the cyclists...

I’m planning on ditching my well-aged mountain bike for a new one in the next couple of weeks (thankfully my company benefits package will reimburse a good portion of the cost ).

It seems that a 29in wheel size is the norm these days, although the 650b is also popular.

What do you all ride? Having never ridden one, why would I want a 29in vs. a 650b wheel size?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I have a 26" full suspension bike with 160mm of travel in both ends, for my riding it's intended for xc rides and the occational enduro/bike park riding. The terrain in my area is quite technical with lot of roots and rocks. If I was looking for a new full susser, I might give a 27,5" bike a try. I probably wouldn't buy a 29" bike unless moved into a area with smoother trails.

My thoughts on the different wheel sizes.
    I'm talking about bikes that are intended for actual offroad use, not the occasional ride in a smooth gravel path around the fish pond or downhill racing.
    26" bikes nowadays are marketed for "fun" riding
    - travel mostly 140mm-180mm (hard tail or full suspension).

27,5" (650b) is the between the the two, nowadays getting quite a lot of manufactures on board.
    - travel mostly 120mm-160mm (hard tail or full suspension). Not as much choice is in tyres at the moment but increases if the standard catches on.

29" Most of them are intended for xc use or for longer rides, the geometry is a bit steeper than 26" which makes it a bit sketchier on steep downhills but works better on uphills.
    - suspension travel around 120mm
    - tyres roll better over small obstacles but isn't as nimble as a 26" around tight stuff.

The most important thing is to pick a wheel size and be a Richard about it.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Mapmyrun is $h1t. I went on Saturday for a long run (28-29km) and it was too much for it. Again. At first it went fine but when it got a little cloudy and it started raining the measuring went berserk. My pace jumped from less then 6 minutes per km to 8. I know I lose pace as I add km but not like this. And by the 25 km mark it stopped working altogether. Only God knows what this crap measured so far. Maybe some of the km ran thus far have only been ran in my imagination