Page 128 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1423
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    We are back on a fitness regime in my household. Ibby is well above his fighting weight after too many beers and needs to loose 10KG. I want to get back to full fitness as I've hardly done any exercise since I completed my half marathon on 30 September. I would also like to loose about 5kg in weight but we'll see how it goes.
    Good luck! I need to lose around 10Kg too so I'm back on a strict(ish) diet, no sweets and snacks, not until I stop that I realise how much I actually eat.

My wife has bought an exercise bike for the New Year so I've been having a go on that in the mornings, it's surprisingly good only trouble is just that it's so hot, even with a fan on me.

At least unlike airshifter and schmenke my wife is as seriously into the dieting as I am - much more so in fact. Diet curry indeed

You going to get back into cycling?
    Last edited by Mark; 8th January 2015 at 16:07.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    My weakness is beer. I try to eat healthy (trying to avoid bread; salads for lunch, etc.), and I try to avoid alcohol during weekdays, but it's nothing for me to make up for it by downing a dozen pints during the course of a weekend .
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    My weakness is beer. I try to eat healthy (trying to avoid bread; salads for lunch, etc.), and I try to avoid alcohol during weekdays, but it's nothing for me to make up for it by downing a dozen pints during the course of a weekend .
    Which makes it worse for me in that I don't drink outside of special occasions, which means I can't cut it out. Sweets and snacks are my main weakness, as well as the likes of scones and cake when I'm out!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I'm flying over to the UK for the weekend, so I'll have to put off my dieting until after the curry fest
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Good luck! I need to lose around 10Kg too so I'm back on a strict(ish) diet, no sweets and snacks, not until I stop that I realise how much I actually eat.

My wife has bought an exercise bike for the New Year so I've been having a go on that in the mornings, it's surprisingly good only trouble is just that it's so hot, even with a fan on me.

At least unlike airshifter and schmenke my wife is as seriously into the dieting as I am - much more so in fact. Diet curry indeed

You going to get back into cycling?
    Ibby lost 3kg since Sunday just by giving up beer and taking up exercise again! My results have been significantly less successful.

Yes, I plan to get back into cycling, running, walking any anything else that involve 'free' exercise.

I know what you mean when you say that you get hot on the exercise bike. We have the same problem when using the turbo trainer.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Mark if you ever figure out how to give up the sweets then let me know, it doesn't do me any favours either
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Mark if you ever figure out how to give up the sweets then let me know, it doesn't do me any favours either
    I would imagine that involves extra complications for yourself too.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    This week seems to be better than normal, three hours of walking and one hour in a gym.
    Tomorrow's weather seems like a good day for a long walk as well.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    My training plan for the next 24h (if my plane doesn't get blown away by the gales):
    -aziz tonight
    -St Giles fryup tomorrow morning
    -bodrum kebab or fish&chips with a pie for lunch / afternoon snack

Basically put the couple of pounds I relost after Xmas back on
    United in diversity !!!

10. Likes: airshifter (10th January 2015)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I jumped on the scale today.... you can now add me to the "want to lose 10KG" club.

I at least jumped on the elliptical afterwards, and burned about 700 calories.

And I kid you not, before I've even showered or changed, my daughter is begging that she is really in the mood for mexican food tonight!

I will keep her happy, but I will eat less or something sensible. I'm near the heaviest weight I've ever been, and almost 10 lbs of it is holidays weight in the last month. It's so easy to fall off the wagon!