Page 131 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1423
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Well after a few weeks of ignoring it, today I got around to having a look at my turbo trainer and the bike fitted straight on without any issues aside from a few tweaks aligning it.

Very warm in my living room now

Mark, I'll bear the 22nd in mind but still not at all keen on the temperature in Feb We'll see.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Jamie, if you don't have a table fan of some sorts, get one.

I couldn't use the trainer properly without it, a bit of wind makes all the difference, that and a small towel hanging on the bars.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Even using my exercise bike is basically impossible without a fan on full blast.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Just don't exercise hard. No need for a fan then!

I have a fan on the back of the elliptical for the same reason. It's almost below a ceiling fan, but if others are in the room I can't freeze them out.

That is one thing about biking, is the built in breeze. I usually try to slow my pace if I make a stop on warm days. Otherwise the stop produces instant heat and sweating.

Admin
    Yeah I find that too even on cool days I'm out cycling just a nice temperature. Then get into the house and within a few seconds it's a wall of heat. I try to remember that the remove my helmet and a layer of clothing first thing I do.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    what's going on here? I have to bring this thread to back to the first page again?

Spring is kind of here so I've stepped up my program. I try to go 3 times a week to the gym and run at least 45 km per week but I've done much better the last 4 weeks. I stopped counting seriously but I'm around 250 km in the last 4 weeks.

I've slept pretty well this week and it shows. I managed to run 22.5km in 1:55:53 today, which is pretty good for me.

So, what's up?

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Well I've done a lot of nothing lately! I need to get back on the schedule of doing some biking or elliptical at least every other day. We did have a real cold winter for this area, and TBH I just hate the elliptical or for that matter most indoor exercise.

I might get in a short ride today. I have to leave for an out of town overnighter. Most of the time I travel for work I have a great opportunity to work out in the evening, as it's boring in a hotel. But if I work out later in the day I can't get to sleep at a decent hour, and most of the time out of town stays mean early mornings for me.

So there you have it, my excuses why I spent so much time eating and very little exercising!

I predicted to be a solid last in Marks endomondo challenge, but someone managed to work out less than me. A few didn't work out at all but I know Jamie was riding to work and probably burned more calories than my couple of rides. I really need to kick myself in the butt, I'm getting too old to not exercise more.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Erm, I've not been riding to work. Only been on the turbo trainer a few times, and not for long at that. Just been working lots (we don't get offered overtime so gotta take it while it's going).

I was up in the Borders yesterday for a rally and had a brief thought of taking my bike up and staying for today, glad I didn't though as it's still too cold to be outside, my fingers are just about thawed out from the rally
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've recently taken up Yoga. That's about it from me apart from a few junior park runs. Going to the Lake District for a long weekend on Thursday so hoping to get some hiking done weather permitting.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    I've recently taken up Yoga. That's about it from me apart from a few junior park runs. Going to the Lake District for a long weekend on Thursday so hoping to get some hiking done weather permitting.
    Nice one. I need to do something along those lines. I've been struggling with back pain with my cycling recently which apart from the weather has been limiting what I can do . Everyone including the bike fit guy says I need to do core strength work.