Page 126 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1423
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Go for it Mark, if my dad can do it then you won't have a problem. He does trail running and park runs with a few local running clubs and is really into it, and counts calories and makes sure he has less than is recommended for a day.

Are you going to do a miles challenge again for the year? I really want to beat Iain this time

Despite my post above I was passing Edinburgh on my way home yesterday, and went into Decathlon and bought a turbo trainer. When I figure out the instructions will hopefully do quite a bit on it over the winter whilst awaiting decent weather
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I ran 1950km in 2014, a lot more than in 2013 but I became pretty efficient at it so while in 2013 I had started to worry I was losing too much weight too fast, in 2014 I had to start watching out again what I eat. Even with all this running I gained weight last year. And beside running I also did a lot of trekking, Tour du Mont Blanc being the highlight of the year but I also did some trekking in Fagaras (beautiful places) and some places close to my hometown. I didn't monitor these but I'm sure they add up to more than 300 km.

I did also some cycling and went to gym a few months.

I didn't weigh myself recently but I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere around 90 kilos right now, about 14 stones using your funny units . I'm 190 cm tall so I'm right there, at the border of being overweight. I'd say that 86 is probably close to my ideal weight but that's not the only thing. It's just as important for me the weight distribution. Even though I got down to 84 kilos at some point I still had some love handles and a little muffin top left. So for me a good goal for 2015 would be to finally get ready of that muffin top.

Other than that I won't be counting km anymore. I was curious to see how much can I run in a full year. Now I know, time to move on

It seems like once you get that fat around the waist it's the hardest thing to get rid of!

For me exercise leads to actually liking healthier foods, so it all helps. I've accepted that I might not be able to get back to the shape I was in when younger, but that's ok with me. When I was that in shape I got paid to work out on the clock (military) so it's really not fair to think I can make enough time to do it now with a job that doesn't give me much exercise.

It sounds like you had some fun with your exercise, and that makes it much more interesting. Part of me says don't worry about miles, etc, but at the same time I need to know what kind of calorie burn I am getting to figure in what it takes to loose weight. In my case I can be my own worst enemy at times. I get a good hard ride in, then come back craving salad or something healthy. But while in recovery mode later in the day, I eat the stuff I know I shouldn't eat.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Are you going to do a miles challenge again for the year? I really want to beat Iain this time
    Yeah but I'm not sure how to do it because I thought the year long challenge was pretty meaningless and went on for far too long.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Despite my post above I was passing Edinburgh on my way home yesterday, and went into Decathlon and bought a turbo trainer. When I figure out the instructions will hopefully do quite a bit on it over the winter whilst awaiting decent weather
    Nice one. I'm hoping to do about 20-30 minutes per day on the excercise bike if it turns out to be any good. Turbo is a great way to go when it's cold and icy outside. Maybe if you get the training miles in we can actually go for a ride once it's nice enough for your road bike to venture out

Admin
    I've set myself the goal of getting to 12stone (76kg) by the time the clocks go back at the end of March which is 12 weeks from today. That would mean losing 1.5 pounds per week. Hard but not impossible.

I've done myself a spreadsheet with graphs etc, but the last time I used that I failed miserably!

6. Likes: J4MIE (5th January 2015)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yeah but I'm not sure how to do it because I thought the year long challenge was pretty meaningless and went on for far too long.
    Maybe we should set up some other challenges on Endo or something? That opens up more possibilities. If you guys do miles challenges I will join and get soundly beat, but that's fine with me! It's a given that anyone that mountain bikes will suffer a disadvantage compared to the road bike crew, but calories challenges might even things out some for those that do things other than bike.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Maybe we should set up some other challenges on Endo or something? That opens up more possibilities. If you guys do miles challenges I will join and get soundly beat, but that's fine with me! It's a given that anyone that mountain bikes will suffer a disadvantage compared to the road bike crew, but calories challenges might even things out some for those that do things other than bike.

Here we are then; I've set it as a public challenge.
    https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/19703998

9. Likes: airshifter (6th January 2015)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Maybe if you get the training miles in we can actually go for a ride once it's nice enough for your road bike to venture out
    I don't think it'll ever be nice enough for that

Seriously though, count me in and don't let me use an excuse.....
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

11. Likes: Big Ben (6th January 2015)
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I'm 15 stone but I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned
    United in diversity !!!

Admin

Seriously though, count me in and don't let me use an excuse.....
    Haha but there's always an excuse, I know that better than anyone

And you can't use the pedals as an excuse before you start with that one. You just need to practice