Page 122 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1423
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl View Post
    ...Tonight I am going to attempt to run 11.25km or 7 miles. Never run that far before but I am going to give it a go.
    Indeed, good luck. A bit of advice: Don't worry about your pace. Just focus on endurance and completing the distance. Your pace will gradually improve with each successive run. Record and try to improve your pace only once you've progressed to the point when you can run the distance comfortably. I'm sure it won't take you that long
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Back in March I got down to 12 stone with high hopes to get down to 11 stone before the end of the year. Unfortunately it feels like the last 6 months has been a never ending sequence of 'events' and I'm currently at 13 stone
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Back in March I got down to 12 stone with high hopes to get down to 11 stone before the end of the year. Unfortunately it feels like the last 6 months has been a never ending sequence of 'events' and I'm currently at 13 stone
    Your lucky.

When I was working full time and playing football last year I was about 12.5-13 stone which was my natural fit weight.

Breaking my foot and sitting for 3 months put me up to 15.5 stone , I am down to about 14.8 stone, and now dieting in the hope of getting back to 13 at least.

Its a lot harder to get to 13 than it was to get to 15.5
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Ran a ~10km route yesterday in a large park, which I don’t frequent often, in the south end of the city.
    The park has many trails through wooded areas.

The squiggly red line is my route plotted by my phone GPS. Needless to say I didn’t quite know where I was going at times .
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes: Big Ben (14th August 2014)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    So what's up people? What have you been up to lately? I just checked up the stats for August and I've done some 150km of running. My left foot still hurts after the mont blanc tour so all in all it's not great but it's decent given the circumstances.

Other than that, I did this previous weekend some serious hiking. I visited 4 peaks over 2500 in 2 and a half days. I lost 2 kg in the process. I had problems eating. I lived mostly on apples and crackers. I had problems sleeping... i didn't really sleep much... so by the end of this trip I was feeling as burnt out as one can feel.

But enough with that... it's time to get back on the horse

Hey BB, that's great. I only managed about 110km running in August, with a few muddy bike trails thrown in to mix things up a bit.
    I really should have tried for more as I have 3 events, two 10km and one 15km, coming up in the next two weeks days . A weeks vacation and a couple of long weekends in August didn't help... mostly BBQing and swilling beer .

Where were your hikes?

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Yes as usually I've been neglecting things on the exercise front, been extremely busy at work trying to get most of my workload out of the way before going on holiday next week. I get back for a couple of days then have a week booked in Dalby forest, so hoping to get quite a few long rides in that week despite not having any recent practice
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Hey BB, that's great. I only managed about 110km running in August, with a few muddy bike trails thrown in to mix things up a bit.
    I really should have tried for more as I have 3 events, two 10km and one 15km, coming up in the next two weeks days . A weeks vacation and a couple of long weekends in August didn't help... mostly BBQing and swilling beer .

Where were your hikes?
    It's nice that you participate to all these events. I only went to one race where I didn't race that much .

My hikes were in the famous Fagaras mountains . You can find some nice pics here:

http://www.carpati.org/jurnal/varful..._de-o_zi/2742/

that's the hike I did on Sunday.

The pics are not mine

I had a run cancelled on Saturday morning so I decided to take my bike out to a nearby park that I often frequent. This is a sample of what I had to struggle through . I was cold and soaked, especially my feet. Needless to say, it was an abreviated bike ride .

So i guess then that 23 degrees is not that bad after all. I get a little downbeat when I think the summer's over but I see now it could be much worse

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2