Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1423
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Over the last 10 days I did about 15 hours of walkings! That helped me a lot to lose weight and now I am in 98 Kg! Also was a pleasure because it helped so much to have a better figure!

2. Likes: airshifter (17th September 2015),Mark (17th September 2015)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
    Over the last 10 days I did about 15 hours of walkings! That helped me a lot to lose weight and now I am in 98 Kg! Also was a pleasure because it helped so much to have a better figure!

It all adds up. Calories out > calories in = weight loss. I've lost around 6 pounds since the last post here, mostly with walking and biking. Logging food has made it much easier for me to see where I was screwing things up the worst.

I'm now down to within a couple pounds of the weight I was when I got out of the military 25 years ago. My final goal intention is to be below that weight and at least as fit as I was 25 years back. I've still got some work to do, but it's paying off.

For the month I'm a bit behind the curve due to weather and extra work. But I'm at 130 miles biking, and about 15 miles of walking, climbing stairs, or elliptical.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I've finally managed to get set up at home so I can do indoor trainer rides. So I can do stuff during weekday mornings where it's already dark when before I would be riding outside. It's a pretty hot business tho even with two fans blowing on me!

At the moment I'm following interval plans and listening to the radio but I'm hoping to try some virtual reality games like Zwift.

In the meantime I'm getting fatter due to endless amounts of crisps, sweets and ice lollies.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
    Very nice! I'm still doing 3 miles most lunchtimes at work. The advantage for that is I don't need any equipment and can do it year round with the addition of appropriate clothing!

Ingress ( http://www.ingress.com ) has been an advantage for me. Gives me motivation to get out walking more when sometimes I might not bother.

So... is everyone taking the winter off already?

Work pace has been crazy lately, so getting in rides is getting harder and harder. But I've dropped a few more pounds since last post here, and a few more to go. I also finally got batteries for the heart rate monitor on my bike, and found that the HRM transmits to our elliptical machine. The bike computer simply monitors, but the elliptical uses the heart rate to more accurately log calorie burn.

Hoping to get in more decent days for outdoor biking. I much prefer it over anything indoors. Since traffic in this area keeps any real long term pace down, I just deal with traffic and then up pace when and where I have a chance. Compared to when I wasn't riding, lifting pace on those shorter opportunities is nothing compared to what it used to take.

Now below the weight I was when I got out of the military. Soon it's time to start building more muscle back.

Well based on how quick this thread died, I'm at least hoping that nobody here is hoping for new larger clothes for Christmas!

I've shifted focus a bit and have now dropped more weight than my original target, as well as some strength stuff being added back in. Still behind the curve on relative strength compared to where I was in the military, but I think my cardio is actually superior to that timeframe.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Really need to get back into it this year as have been SERIOUSLY slacking the last few months.

Start back at tennis on Wednesday evening then cardio tennis Thursday evening. Will need to wait until spring to get out on my bike, but after failing to make it this year my entry was deferred to this year for the Tour de Ben Nevis So need to get fit enough to do that in September. Also want to do a bit of hill walking so should be an active summer
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin
    Same here. Put on a lot of weight over the last three months and I'm now 85kg. I should be 70kg at maximum to be considered healthy!

I'm currently building a bike to use on the turbo trainer which hopefully will be a more regular thing and I've cut out the snacks as of yesterday.

10. Likes: J4MIE (5th January 2016)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    It's been well below freezing lately so I haven't been biking, but I've got a decent two mile walk through town after work that lets me catch a bus right to my doorstep. If I'm early enough on my way to work I can get of the train a stop of three early walk another mile or so, but it's never going to compare to biking. People watching is pretty fun, though. There are always a lot tourists about year 'round.

12. Likes: J4MIE (5th January 2016)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I put on quite a lot of weight in December so as every year the new year's resolutions list has a get fit item. The only issue with this plan right now is the winter. The cold and the darkness make the running less pleasant. Running at -7 can be an 'interesting' experience.

I have started logging workouts on mapmyrun again. That always enhances my maniacal tendencies and I need that right now .

I've also started going to the gym to work my other muscles too.