Page 66 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Getting frustrated with the weather. After one of the coldest springs on record, the rain has set in, the forecast for this weekend looks like a washout
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Mark, get your cheque book out

The Silverstone 24 Hour Cycling Grand Prix
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    I need to get myself amped up for this ride in two weeks. See if I'm cut out for touring. Glasgow to Edinburgh looks like it would be a nice day-long ride, too.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Another 45 kms covered yesterday with very strong wind, up to 30+km/h. Luckily I was with a colleague, we still managed to have a 32 km/h average, however at the end I could barely move my legs, and this morning it felt like I will not be able to get off the bed.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    LOL lapping the Grand Prix circuit. As a venue I could think of little more boring!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Mark, get your cheque book out

The Silverstone 24 Hour Cycling Grand Prix
    There was a Knockhill one last year, I'm sure it's on this year too. That guy Mark Beaumont who cycled South America was trying to break a 3 min lap at the BTCC meeting to promote it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y
    Glasgow to Edinburgh looks like it would be a nice day-long ride, too.
    I'm planning on doing a charity ride between Glasgow and Edinburgh in September and that's 47 miles in total. You could easily cover that in around 4 hours, depending on the route you take. There are several different options to choose from. Of course you could go slower and enjoy the scenery once you're out of Glasgow, as both the cycle path and canal paths aren't very scenic around there.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Ditto. 44 miles is really good. Even if it was on the flat.

Did 28 miles today but quite a hilly route. Couldn't do more because I needed to be back at home but to be honest I was quite tired towards the end.

But I need to up my milage. It's a niggle that the most distance I've ridden in the UK is 33 miles -- which is rubbish!
    Pits pretty good for a mountain bike though! I did 44 miles in a day once. Granted, I did 24 first thing in the morning and the other 20 at about 6 at night. Reaping the benefits of long British summer days!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did 25 miles today. I was heading home and didn't feel tired, so I kept going on for longer, past the village, before I turned back to the house. I know cycle paths aren't exactly MTB territory, but our main one has a mixture of surfaces from smooth tarmac to broken and bumpy stuff and some gravel sections too. That bike flies on the smooth sections. I did a 3 min mile at one point. Due a complimentary service in the next few weeks, so I'm going to see if they can stick a couple of spacers into the handlebar stem, as I feel it's too low and it's giving me sore shoulders and a sore neck. The problems with being tall!
    You lot still here?!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Not been out for a few days, brought the bike up to Fife and the family is drooling over it... Looks like rain tomorrow so probably won't head out, but Sunday looking ok.

I put an entry in for a mountain bike orienteering event on the 26th in Crieff, will need to get out quite a lot next week in preparation so may even cycle to work! :\
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Not been out for a few days, brought the bike up to Fife and the family is drooling over it... Looks like rain tomorrow so probably won't head out, but Sunday looking ok.

I put an entry in for a mountain bike orienteering event on the 26th in Crieff, will need to get out quite a lot next week in preparation so may even cycle to work! :\
    Looks a tad on the moist side for Saturday. Sunday looks pretty decent though. Having said that, today wasn't to be so great and it turned out very nice. Sometimes it's better off not listening to the weather!
    You lot still here?!