Page 21 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I tend to follow the following principle - I am not a top athlete, I am not preparing for the olympics. My goal is to stay healthy and do sports for my own enjoyment. That means that whenever I suffer from some kind of injury, I try to cut down on exercises to get healthy again. So depending on how much pain you suffer from, a 2-3 day rest is not a bad idea.
    Exactly.
    Give it a rest for a couple of days, jogging with a back pain is not funny and will not help you get better, and you won't lose your form either, not even if you pause for a week.
    BTW if it's not getting better within a week go see a chiropractor, they can solve the issue within 30 minutes.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Madagascar 3 film downloads

Madagascar 3 Movie Download Phone , download dvd Madagascar 3 , https://gist.github.com/2855392 - Madagascar 3 Movie Download Phone Buy And Download Madagascar 3 Movie Online

Madagascar 3 Movie Movie Download

Download Madagascar 3 Movie In Hd Formats , Where To Download Madagascar 3 Movie , Madagascar 3 Movie Download Avi | Download Madagascar 3 Movie For iPhone - Opera Widgets - Opera Community - Madagascar 3 Movie Movie Download Link Madagascar 3 Movie film downloads

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks to Garry and Ioan for the advice I think we should promote these two to the fitness thread moderators
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Thanks to Garry and Ioan for the advice I think we should promote these two to the fitness thread moderators

Ioan and I as a team would promise more fireworks than in London on new years eve

I myself am suffering from a sickness at the moment, so all my training schedule is all messed up. Very depressing.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ioan and I as a team would promise more fireworks than in London on new years eve

I myself am suffering from a sickness at the moment, so all my training schedule is all messed up. Very depressing.

Agh, no good, hope you get over the sickness soon!

I've got to be careful myself, I sprained my shoulder at work the other day, and my biking exercises are on hold

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Agree!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    BTW I am not in the best shape of my life either right not, quite far from it in fact.

Last week end I took part in a 100 km bike race/marathon (it was the 2nd time I did it after last year's one), for which I prepared for about 8 weeks.
    As I am not really fond of buying all kind of gadgets I only got myself one of those watches that measure the pulse, and as always I never used it until the race itself.
    At the end of the race everyone was talking about various values like speed, distance and ofcourse pulse. And at this point I got a bit lost as I had a pulse of around 180 for 90% of the race while other people I was there with were all reporting peaks of 170.
    So it looks that I need to get myself in better shape again.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Exactly.
    Give it a rest for a couple of days, jogging with a back pain is not funny and will not help you get better, and you won't lose your form either, not even if you pause for a week.
    BTW if it's not getting better within a week go see a chiropractor, they can solve the issue within 30 minutes.
    Good advice ioan. I also recommend killing two birds with one stone. If you can get an Osteopath D.O. you have a doctor that can treat you with medicine, and do adjustments. They are generally more helpful than only a chiropractor. However not all DO's are created equal. Probably the most thorough primary care doctor I ever had was a DO when I did a 4 year stint in Las Vegas. But some of them are needle happy and want to fix soft tissue damage with cortisone. I had one in S.D. that shot me up after a long period of time when I tore some ankle ligament. It was miraculous as I had very little motion in that
    joint for almost 6 months, and went out and competed the next day. The problem was that the tendons started getting soggy and weaker as time went on. I wish I had just ridden it out.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    BTW I am not in the best shape of my life either right not, quite far from it in fact.

Last week end I took part in a 100 km bike race/marathon (it was the 2nd time I did it after last year's one), for which I prepared for about 8 weeks.
    As I am not really fond of buying all kind of gadgets I only got myself one of those watches that measure the pulse, and as always I never used it until the race itself.
    At the end of the race everyone was talking about various values like speed, distance and ofcourse pulse. And at this point I got a bit lost as I had a pulse of around 180 for 90% of the race while other people I was there with were all reporting peaks of 170.
    So it looks that I need to get myself in better shape again.

I've had two of those things now, neither of which worked! What make/model do you use?

I must be doing something wrong, they would work for about 30 seconds and stop picking up my pulse, then I'd move them around a bit, then they would work for another 30 seconds or so and then stop working again. Very annoying when youre trying to keep your speed up on a bike ride!