Page 20 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm gradually getting back my running routine. I did my early morning Sunday run today. I've always been an early riser, so it's great to get out for a run with some good music on the headphones. 15km along the seafront in Barcelona. Sun, light breeze, Mediterranean - heaven. And I managed to do it at an average of over 10km/h. And when I'm back in Dublin someone always asks if I'm thinking of moving back...

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Thanks for the support guys.

Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    I'm gradually getting back my running routine. I did my early morning Sunday run today. I've always been an early riser, so it's great to get out for a run with some good music on the headphones. 15km along the seafront in Barcelona. Sun, light breeze, Mediterranean - heaven. And I managed to do it at an average of over 10km/h. And when I'm back in Dublin someone always asks if I'm thinking of moving back...
    wow... very good pace. I envy you for the surroundings too. I'm doing my running on a treadmill usually. I go to the gym quite often so it's hard to do that and run somewhere outside too. The good thing is I don´t have mosquitos between my teeth when I finish. I usually 'do' '10 km' in one hour. i don't know if i could keep that pace in the 'real world'. I usually get really bored after an hour. It's also quite painful after that. I once ran for an hour and a half, my feet were quite damaged and there was blood on my t-shirt. I don't know how normal is that but I've decided it would be wiser to do shorter sessions more frequently.

Last week I went to tae bo for the first time. It was me and 10 girls . It was quite intense. I sweat like a sick horse. I think I shall go again.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    Ha! Don't bother : I went on a 6k run around Drimnagh and Bluebell yesterday. I started off my running routine in Limerick, where there is some nice scenery - running in Dublin suburbs just doesn't cut it
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    Thanks for the support guys.

Last week I went to tae bo for the first time. It was me and 10 girls . It was quite intense. I sweat like a sick horse. I think I shall go again.
    Tae bo? 10 girls? Where do I sign?

P.s, what is tae bo?
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Tae bo? 10 girls? Where do I sign?

P.s, what is tae bo?
    Tae Bo is a portmanteau of tae kwon do and boxing. It uses the motions of martial arts at a rapid pace designed to promote fitness. This is pretty much what wikipedia says about it. Basically you pretend you are Neo beating the living days out of countless agents Smith . You also do a lot of push-ups and stuff like that.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    I'm just back from 3 days of fish & chips, pies and curries, so I probably need to get rid of 6 kilos just to get back to my normal 100kg
    Just back from 2 weeks on a forced diet and down to 92 - or what I was 15 years ago.
    Now I just have to see how long I can keep it down
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Just back from 2 weeks on a forced diet and down to 92 - or what I was 15 years ago.
    Now I just have to see how long I can keep it down
    You can go for another 2 weeks forced diet any time!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    It's not really something I'd want to go through again
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a question for the get fit club...I hurt my back at work yesterday, i have middle back aches and pains, I have already missed my daily sprint last night. Is it not a good idea to go out jogging with middle back pains or will it not affect me too much? I really dont want to leave it too long before I can run again!!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    I have a question for the get fit club...I hurt my back at work yesterday, i have middle back aches and pains, I have already missed my daily sprint last night. Is it not a good idea to go out jogging with middle back pains or will it not affect me too much? I really dont want to leave it too long before I can run again!!
    I tend to follow the following principle - I am not a top athlete, I am not preparing for the olympics. My goal is to stay healthy and do sports for my own enjoyment. That means that whenever I suffer from some kind of injury, I try to cut down on exercises to get healthy again. So depending on how much pain you suffer from, a 2-3 day rest is not a bad idea.
    "signature room for rent"