Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1423
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I put on quite a lot of weight in December so as every year the new year's resolutions list has a get fit item. The only issue with this plan right now is the winter. The cold and the darkness make the running less pleasant. Running at -7 can be an 'interesting' experience.

I have started logging workouts on mapmyrun again. That always enhances my maniacal tendencies and I need that right now .

I've also started going to the gym to work my other muscles too.
    Usually in the colder months I gain some weight. Around here it's mild, but I'm a warm weather person due to being spoiled by the local weather. But with all the holidays and me having a birthday in the mix of the season, it's easy to gain some pounds. This year I got active early, made a better effort at avoiding that, and made it through the holiday season without gaining.

I've been more in the "change your day to day lifestyle" mode since deciding to drop some weight. I've never been one to like the ups and down, and more interested in long term changes.

Saturday I jogged intentionally for the first time in probably 20+ years.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Saturday I jogged intentionally for the first time in probably 20+ years.
    Have you previously found yourself jogging by accident?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I started jogging again at the turn of the year, lost 7 pounds, then increased my running distance to 4.5 miles then gained a pound, then promptly gave up...

I get put off way too easily!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Have you previously found yourself jogging by accident?
    I've jogged slowly bringing the bike home with a flat. Very slowly. Shins meeting pedals tends to make one wary. Other than with the bike and running some stairs at a local park a few times, this was the first time I had gone out with the simple intention of running.

And unlike when with the bike, my shins didn't bleed at all. It could have been worse.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Been out on the bike a bit, but much less recently. Did this a few weeks ago (heavy breathing uphill has been cut) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arBYywlZS8w

Only been out once since but helped a bit. Hasn't really had any effect weight wise, as usual I just end up eating more, but I did notice on a skiing trip in January that I was generally fitter.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    205 km in February, up from 138 in January and a lot less in December. The trend is good and I think there are some small results. I haven't weighed myself recently but the belt seems somewhat loose lately. I have a few goals for this year, running wise. I want to run the marathon distance. I would also like to do a 300km month and a 100km week. And get fitter in the process of course. All those numbers are just a way of keeping things interesting, nothing more

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    205 km in February, up from 138 in January and a lot less in December. The trend is good and I think there are some small results. I haven't weighed myself recently but the belt seems somewhat loose lately. I have a few goals for this year, running wise. I want to run the marathon distance. I would also like to do a 300km month and a 100km week. And get fitter in the process of course. All those numbers are just a way of keeping things interesting, nothing more

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Impressive distances. What’s a comfortable pace for you BB? Also, with that kind of distance, how do you manage to stay injury free?

I registered only 145kms in February. I’m trying to get up to at least 50km per week. Signed up for my first half-marathon in mid May (well, I was signed up for one about a year ago but had to bail due to injury ).

Bike’s been parked since October .

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I've mostly been riding indoors on Zwift. Although I've done 550 miles in the last two months.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Impressive distances. What’s a comfortable pace for you BB? Also, with that kind of distance, how do you manage to stay injury free?

I registered only 145kms in February. I’m trying to get up to at least 50km per week. Signed up for my first half-marathon in mid May (well, I was signed up for one about a year ago but had to bail due to injury ).

Bike’s been parked since October .
    I do my usual runs (11.5km) at around 11km/h.

I am not that injury free. My left knee hurts but I'm not sure if it's the running or the football (the one played with the foot and a ball : p). The thing is it doesn't hurt when I run or walk. It hurts when I bend my knees and tilt to the left. I usually run counter clockwise which means I turn left a lot. I wonder if that's got something to do with it. I had a similar problem before and it just went away. The cold weather doesn't help much either.

My last run, a couple of days ago:

11. Likes: Big Ben (2nd March 2016)