Ive noticed on a couple of recent threads that some members are out of shape, and unhappy about it...

Who wants to get fit with me? The basic idea of the thread is that we state fitness goals in our first post, then regularly report back on progress. Along the way we support, advise, motivate and virtually spot for each other.

Ill start with stating my problem, my goals and how i plan to go about achieving it.

Problem: I consider myself to be ideally around 78kg, Im 5 foot ten and broad shouldered, so any lighter than that would be unhealthy. Until the start of LAST year i was hovering around there and pretty happy about it. Then i started a new job, basically i manage a highly flammable lolly shop. The job and uni take up a lot of hours, and i stopped exercising. In around 20 months I have gained around 17 kg, and it aint muscle. The gut has gotten to the point where I cant hide it by sucking it in, and my old clothes dont fit. Not fun. I used to do weights a lot, so i know ive got muscle hiding under there somewhere. I just want to find it again.

Goal: Steadily get back to around 80 kg at a rate of loss between 500 grams and 1kg per week.

Method: Im going to focus on cardio. Initially i plan to do an exercise session 3 to 4 times per week. This will contain about half an hour of exercise bike (broken into 3 sets of ten minutes.). I will break these up with 2 five minute weight sessions where i lift light weights (around 50% of what i can do) at a fast rate to maintain the cardioness of the exercise, while keeping the major mucle groups awake and working.

I also plan to walk more regularly.

In the dietary sense i plan to minimise junk food from the diet. Though i dont think im ready for specific diet plans just yet.

First thing on every monday morning i will weigh myself and record process and then post on here, if the thread is still alive.

Ive been pretty candid there, obviously other people who join me dont have to be as personal if they dont want to. But yeah, anyone wanna get fit with me? Or offer hilariously cockney advice on the usefulness of Bulgarian Horse Steroids?