Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Everyone is different. I happen to find doing weights the most boring exercise of all. I generally force myself to do them rather than actually liking or wanting to to them. Mind you, I can only run more than 10km if there's something good on tv. Otherwise 10km is about my limit.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    christ, who on earth wants to run a marathon or run at all. The most boring kind of exercise in the world, in my view.

I am still the same as always. Weightlifting 3-4 times a week and cycling as often as weather permits.

No set targets anymore, just enjoying the improvements.
    Why? Running a marathon is a massive challenge. I hate running too, but this will probably be my most agonizing physical challenge, ever!

I am also a weightlifter and used to wrestle. All of the sports that I love require quick spurts of energy and endurance running is the antitheses to my prior history in sports. I'm 5'10" (1.7m) @ 176 lbs. (79.8 kg) and am quite fit. The problem is that I'm not the correct proportion to run well at a marathon.

So, time to fix that with a 4-mile run.
    Only 22.2 to go.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Why? Running a marathon is a massive challenge. I hate running too, but this will probably be my most agonizing physical challenge, ever!
    It is a massive challenge, all I am saying is that just pure running is by far the most boring sporting thing

I am also a weightlifter and used to wrestle. All of the sports that I love require quick spurts of energy and endurance running is the antitheses to my prior history in sports. I'm 5'10" (1.7m) @ 176 lbs. (79.8 kg) and am quite fit. The problem is that I'm not the correct proportion to run well at a marathon.
    79,8kg at 5 foot 10? That is quite light, are you sure you are a weightlifter
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm able to get a little over 35kg over my head and I'm a 5' 2", less than 9 stone, 41 year old woman who smokes! It's not weight lifting for fun, it's part of my general work, too. Never tried to push myself at weights as women have rubbish upper body strength and I'd end up feeling weak next to men :

Discovered last night how unfit I am. Tried out the new horse and she got a bit strong testing my boundries. She's about 720kg and knows how to use every muscle .... so I'm a bit sore today.
    Mind you, I did get my own way without resorting to hitting her
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Taz, I bought Superfeet today. I just need them for my dress shoes. Walking around in those things made my feet ACHE! When I run my running shoes offer enough stability/cushion for the long hauls.

It is a massive challenge, all I am saying is that just pure running is by far the most boring sporting thing
    I'm always thinking about something while running. I'm just waiting for the sun to set to be alone for another 5 miles. Last time I ran I just had The Who blasting all the way up and back.

Ask Tazio.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloomyday
    Ask Tazio.
    We hooked up for the Brazil GP last season, and he told me he lifted.
    But I just thought that was a come-on line.

Seriously Bro, leave me out of this one as I'm not into checking out other dudes bod's.
    Perhaps you should send Gary a portfolio if it's that important to you.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I may be the only person here who wants to put on weight. I'm 6feet3 and weigh 150 pounds, so I believe my BMI is 18.75 which means i'm underweight.
    I never miss a meal, I hardly get any exercise (although I have a standing up job) and I'm a weekend binge drinker.

I'd like to put on 2 stone, preferably muscle over fat . Any suggestions?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    christ, who on earth wants to run a marathon or run at all. The most boring kind of exercise in the world, in my view.

Golf??
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When in High School I could do the 100 yards in 10.5.
    At 71 I still can.
    Only thing it is now 10.5 minutes instead of seconds.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Perhaps you should send Gary a portfolio if it's that important to you.
    lmfao!No thank you.

Hey I'll have Superfeet on today. Let me see how they work....