Quote Originally Posted by janneppi View Post
What kind of punctures are you getting?
I haven't used anything but puncture protected tyres for years now when riding on the road. As you pondered yourself, maybe you could do with a switch to tyres intended more towards road use.
For example I think my brother uses these for his commuter bike. I don't remember him complaining about punctures much
http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_ti...big_apple_plus
So far I've had a variety of punctures, but to be honest most probably wouldn't be overcome by better tires, unless they were super tough. I had a finish nail on one, a few from big thorns when off the road, one that I never determined, and one blew out a crease on the tube which seemed to exist due to one of the previous flats.

I am going to have to get tires soon regardless, and would like something tougher than I have now. Great link, and I'm going to look for something like that, but probably with a bit more off road bite on the tread. Being it's an old crap mountain bike I don't mind loosing some speed/ride when on the road, as I'm not going that quick. But when I can get off the road we often have a lot of slick stuff, so something with a little more tread would probably keep it from being too treacherous.