Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Chaz!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As mentioned elsewhere, it is tough to get a ride for 2008 based on one performance, but that did far exceed my expectations for riding with no preparation whatsoever.

Before Sunday, Chaz was basically off the radar as far as GPs went and in AMA to rebuild his career, but I bet there's a few MotoGP (or WSB) team managers having a think now, at least.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    As mentioned elsewhere, it is tough to get a ride for 2008 based on one performance, but that did far exceed my expectations for riding with no preparation whatsoever.

Before Sunday, Chaz was basically off the radar as far as GPs went and in AMA to rebuild his career, but I bet there's a few MotoGP (or WSB) team managers having a think now, at least.
    Yeah Chaz did really well but I can't see it helping him too much in getting a ride in MotoGP, unless someone (sponsor, manufacturer, Dorna) want to give him a helping hand. Chaz should hold his head up high, and Luis D'Antin should be given credit for giving him the chance in the first place.

I'm just glad Neil Hodgson didn't get the ride.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I rekon Chaz got the ride coz he was the best fit for The Hoffs leathers But really, he did damn well and I think Dorna will be realistically considering him for their 'British' option come the 2008 season..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Hofmann isn't well for Brno do you think Davies will be riding there too?
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chaz deserves plenty of credit for his performance. I mean...the guy had something like 20 minutes to prepare for his first ride on the bike! On a track he was paying his first visit too! Not bad...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally I think Chaz's performance was outstanding.

He was riding a MotoGP bike for the 1st time - he was unfamiliar with the track, bike, tyres, carbon brakes, traction control etc etc. To jump on the bike on the second day of a MotoGP meeting and then post lap times equal to top six runners during the latter part of the race is amazing.

He surprised me thats for sure and he has to be in with a shout of a ride at Brno. A top 10 finish would look a real possibility for him if he gets the opportunity.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chaz was sensational and his effort deserves a follow-up chance at Brno. He had a practice session less than everyone else and got to change bugger all settings wise so give him a test in between and he'll give a real good account of himself.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its nice to have friends like Casey Stoner on your case. Motogp.com reports that Casy was instrumental in getting Chaz further tests on the 07 Ducati at Mugello this wek.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It was Stoner that suggested Chaz to D'Antin at Laguna
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    Its nice to have friends like Casey Stoner on your case. Motogp.com reports that Casy was instrumental in getting Chaz further tests on the 07 Ducati at Mugello this wek.
    Apparently Ducati are keen to have him replace Itoh as test rider.............. will be interesting to see how this pans out for Chaz.