Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Chaz!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go Chaz!

Chaz Davies has been given the Hoffer ride in Sundays race, he has been given virtually no time to prepare but it'll be interesting to see how he acquits himself compared to the other wild cards Roger Lee and Miguel DuHamel.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    sweeeeeeeeeeet

tis gonna be tough for him, but what a chance!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck to the lad, he and Westy, once 250 privateers struggling along.. Amazing how breaks come about, unfortunately Hoffmeister has a break of a different kind
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have just been watching the session live on Eurosport, apparently Luis D'Antin came to Chaz shortly before the session and offered him the ride since the crew are around, just told him to have fun and not worry about results. It's his first time on the bike, first time at Laguna Seca, first ever MotoGP ride obviously, no set up time clearly...

Casey (who is a big friend of Chaz from their British 125/250 championship days) was interviewed and said he'd heard about a minute before he went out that Chaz was riding

Anyway, it was something of a learning curve - early on in the session he was about six seconds a lap off the pace, unsurprising in the circumstances. However, he chipped away each time, getting a feel for the bike and learning the track too (which is a daunting one), and was getting blue sectors each time basically, improving by fair chunks lap-by-lap. By the end he was 3.4s off Casey's time, and just 0.7s behind Miguel DuHamel who was second to last and of course knows the track intimately.

I would say, for a first MotoGP ride on a new track at zero minutes notice, that that's pretty good. His best time was right at the end of the session so there's plenty more to come off that time too, I reckon.

Well done, Chaz

Us Brits (and bike fans in general) needed a pick-up after Ollie Bridewell's death earlier today, and watching one of our young talents get to grips with a Ducati at a new track for his debut certainly helped. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting miracles on Sunday (if he finishes, that's good work) but that cheered me slightly on a dark day.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Luis D'Antin just found a guy that could fit into the Hoff's leathers and gave him the ride : seriously though, best of luck to him just finishing the race will be something.

Hodgson is also at Laguna wildcarding in the AMA for Corona Extra Honda. Maybe he would have been a better choice, but D'Antin and Hodgson are not the best of friends.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is Hoffman not riding? if not, why?
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    He was hit by Guintoli at the Corkscrew and broke his left hand.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great to see him get a chance to show what he can do.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    great to see him have a change, have fun chas

also, get well soon hoff
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Terrible luck for Hoffman and uncharacteristic of Guintoli to have such brain fade. Best of luck to Chaz. It's a terrific opportunity for him and I hope he can really enjoy it. His first session is most impressive considering his preparation.
    Get off my lawn