Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post McWilliams and Pitt in Ilmor 07

Jezza and andy pitt will be in moto gp next year on ilmor x3, i'm pleased to see pitt get a good drive nex year, but, why have they hiring mcwilliams for next season. i know his still fast, but, his going to be another jr (john rennolds), still got the talent, broken bones
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    Jezza and andy pitt will be in moto gp next year on ilmor x3, i'm pleased to see pitt get a good drive nex year, but, why have they hiring mcwilliams for next season. i know his still fast, but, his going to be another jr (john rennolds), still got the talent, broken bones
    Good to see Pitty score a ride after being given a raw deal by Yamaha WSBK. I think Jezza has been hired purely for his vast experience (being 42 years old) and development ability. Wonder what happened to Gazza McCoy? Maybe he bailed on the Ilmor x3 because its been such a nail compared to the other 800 prototypes in testing. :
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm actually gutted for Pitt. I think it's a massive step backwards for him as I see him as a WSB frontrunner who would be mid-pack at best in MotoGP and will sadly be no more than a backmarker on uncompetitive machinery like when he was at Kawasaki MotoGP. Also makes a mockery of Ilmors announcement a while back that they would pick up an experienced rider and a young ex-250 rider. Seeing as Pitt never raced 250's, perhaps McWill lied about his age?
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree about Pitt. I'd have liked to see him with a top WSB team.

Surprised at the selection of Jeremy McWilliams - they could surely have done better than that. I suppose he was cheaper that Gary McCoy who I heard tends to price himself a bit too high.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jez's certainly one of the best development riders, seems to be very in demand from various manufacturers!!
    ASPerformance
    PELTOR, COMPOMOTIVE, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
    new online shop!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like McCoy so I would have liked to see him get the ride, but considering the Ilmor is a nail compared to the rest of the line up I can understand why they picked McWilliams. Maybe after a couple of years focusing only on development they can get up to speed.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    great stuff from Pitty - this makes it three Aussies on the Grid

BRING ON 2007 I say
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agree with the thumbs down on Pitty taking this ride, looks like a massive step backwards for him when in theory he had the pick of the rides for 2007, certainly in WSB.

Can't see this being anything other than a repeat of his time on the Kwak MotoGP bike really.

McWilliams gives it his all on odd bikes (Proton, Aprilia twin, etc) but at 42 he'll be up against it too in terms of fitness as he comes back from his multiple broken bones.

While when we first saw the Ilmor last year some - myself included - thought it was quite nifty, it looks like the big boys have really upped their game with the 800s and the Ilmor will be at the back sadly.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ilmor has 2 years to become competitive otherwise they are waisting their time. If Jeremy is a great development rider than his age is a benefit. That said, if he has anymore injuries this year they better have a plan B (mccoy, cough cough)
    go speed racer go