Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broken Bones..

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina
    You mean this is supposed to tell me that i shouldnt be hanggliding? dont be stupid! the only thing that's stopping me from flying right now is the whole "not bending arm" thing.

Oh, and Leon. no the plates will not be removed. they're not restricting anything and surgery hurt enough the first time. i think my words before they gave me the morphine were "did they hit my arm with, like, a hammer or something? repeatedly?".
    It's OK, I ignored what I was told by nature as well.

I hope for your sake they got it right the first time. Re-breaking the bones isn't a fun thing either. Trust me on that one. Did I mention the doctors re-broke them on purpose?

Another thing that's making me grumpy is that the scar is all little and neat and pathetic. If i have a cool accident (hangglider crash) that causes a cool injury (snapped bone) i want at least a decent scar to show for it, but nooo, they had to cut it all cleanly and suture so neatly that nobody can tell.
    I have some not so straight fingers from the stupid work accident, but have walked away from all my "cool" accidents scar free. Look on the bright side, maybe that's natures way of saying you're too pretty to scar up.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I don't think so. Daniel is known to have hots on Michelin-wear.
    I wish I had credit on my phone AFF. I'd send you a picture of my monitor here at work.

Bibendum is currently sitting of top of a small Michelin Pilot Sport tyre on top of my monitor waving as only he can do.

Anyway a pic of me puckering up for a kiss with Bibendum will have to do

Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Ok, now we have officially hijacked Christina's thread. Moderators, ban Daniel, save me
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think i will pass on the michelin-man wear.. not very aerodynamic.. bit hard to be agile and such in a rubber suit...

I tried going to the gym today.. a new discovery, riding bikes really does require the use of your arms! but a small success, i was able to do a half hearted attempt at tying my hair up! hurrah!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    At least you broke your arm doing something fun, not - say - falling off a climbing frame when you were nine years old

I can't sign your cast from here, but if you put an X on with crayon you'll achieve much the same effect.

Get well soon
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Christina...how long ago was this? Really, it takes a while to get all your mobility back. 3 to 6 months likely. It is ok though, you can complain....although I think you should be glad you don't have a nasty scar, a beautiful woman like yourself shouldn't look like she lost a football game and be all scarred up. I have a few little scars all over from cycling, hockey and childhood accidents; and I am glad I am NOT a woman and trying to figure ways to hide them. Men love scars, it means you can tell stories such as: "well, when the Bear got a hold of me, I punched him in the mouth, and that is where this scar on my index finger came from"and other such BS......

At least you got yours doing something cool......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dave, you cant sign my cast anyways.. i only had it for two days before my surgery then all i got was a fancy blue sling. I kinda wish i had one so i wouldnt hurt myself so much when i walk into things/people.

Mark.. yesterday was my three week surgery anniversary and that was done two days after it broke in the first place. But six months?! you gotta be kidding me! i'm gonna die! i cant have six months off!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mark.. yesterday was my three week surgery anniversary and that was done two days after it broke in the first place. But six months?! you gotta be kidding me! i'm gonna die! i cant have six months off!
    Christina, I didn't say you would need the time off, but you BROKE your Freaking ARM!!! It don't heal THAT fast. My word, you are impatient. If the Docs have given you exercises to do, and you do them, it will heal at the rate your body will let it, but you cant force things. Some people are slow healers.....

Besides, you crashed a hangglider...it could have been a LOT worse ya know....you got just a good "war wound" Now...

Good luck, it will get better....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah.. i know.. i'm just getting bored of it already. I wondered what a broken arm would feel like.. now i am SO over it. i wanna go back kitesurfing.. i wanna go fly again. i wanna stop looking like such a spaz when i try do things with my left arm.. (hehe, no, it's true! i really do look like an idiot when i try using my arm)

Besides, crashing a hangglider isnt the worst accident in the world. the glider is designed to break before you do (didnt quite work in my case..) Did you know that more people die in a year playing lawn bowls than they do flying hanggliders? crazy! but true.. i have worse pain from a car crash three years ago.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well Christina, all of that might be true, but you have a broken arm, and they don't mend in 3 weeks. Even the toughest, fastest healing athletes in the world take a little longer than that to get back in the game. The Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Mats Sundin once came back from a cracked bone in his wrist in 4 and half weeks, but I don't really think it was fully heeled for a while after that, and his play showed it. To do it, he is a: Fitness fiend, eats properly, and was spending time in a barometric oxygen chamber. You maybe are close on 2 of the 3, but I bet you don't have the oxygen chamber....