Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watkins Glen GP thread

Wooaah, Hornish fifth on the grid? What's going on? Am I seeing things? Castroneves still the only multiple pole winner this year so far. Hope he wins this thing.
    Danica way behind, surprise surprise.
    Rice lookin good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would be great for Helio to get the win. He's had a good car and (mostly) done a great job this season, just had a real streak of bad luck. I get the feeling both Penske drivers are getting pressure from Roger to shape up after some really poor finishes lately.

Rice is looking very good, and was even the pole in one of the practice sessions. Anyone else find it interesting that after his last couple top-5s he's said that his team has gotten better parts for his car, and that's where he's gotten the speed. What do you think they've done to his car to get him from running out of the top 10 to running up at the front? And why isn't Fisher getting these same parts?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I hope that Dario will win again! :-)
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Funny.....Paul Stoddart showed up at The Glen on Friday......wonder what THAT's all about.....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    IC, you would notice that. Well Stoddart probably scooted down from Toronto, it is only about 4 hours driver or a quick jaunt in a helicopter.

AS for Hornish finishing 5th, Komahawk, do you think he should have done better or are you shocked he is that high? Hornish is not renowned for his road course work, so I would say a 5th is a pretty decent finish....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Would be great for Helio to get the win. He's had a good car and (mostly) done a great job this season, just had a real streak of bad luck. I get the feeling both Penske drivers are getting pressure from Roger to shape up after some really poor finishes lately.

Rice is looking very good, and was even the pole in one of the practice sessions. Anyone else find it interesting that after his last couple top-5s he's said that his team has gotten better parts for his car, and that's where he's gotten the speed. What do you think they've done to his car to get him from running out of the top 10 to running up at the front? And why isn't Fisher getting these same parts?
    I don't think rice is refering to the quality; more likely latest updates.perhaps fisher's sponsor has not come off with the required cash to get the latest update kits
    I know jack s**t, yep met him once on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    IC, you would notice that. Well Stoddart probably scooted down from Toronto, it is only about 4 hours driver or a quick jaunt in a helicopter.

AS for Hornish finishing 5th, Komahawk, do you think he should have done better or are you shocked he is that high? Hornish is not renowned for his road course work, so I would say a 5th is a pretty decent finish....
    Well, I'm pleasently surprised to say the least! I never had that on my radar! Hope he can carry that position to the checkers...damn I can already see my Pickems going down the drain.

As for Penske, they really need the big push, especially Helio. 6 poles and only one win, that's not enough. Dario must not win this race!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hockey game breaks out

What the hell just happened? A fight and Super Tex is nowhere in sight? That's just wrong.
    "We're not in Cuba. We're supposed to have free speech,"- Medea Benjamin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Cornrow
    What the hell just happened? A fight and Super Tex is nowhere in sight? That's just wrong.
    I was surprised to see Marco jump in to get Michael away from it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I missed it...I only just caught Marco pushing Michael away from something. What was all the ruckus?
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!