Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Red Bull confirm DC for 2008

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    well duh--since he announced that he was as good as Hamie, then they had no choice but to keep him....geeeeeeeeeeezaas
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Well they must think he is a good car developer. and I suppose Newey would know. I never put him at the same level as Hill and certainly not in the group of the faster racers on the track today.; I am a bit surprised at this move but we shall see. It appears that Mclaren is doing quite well after the departure on Newey so one must ask "Has Newey lost his mind"
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A wasted seat!!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good to hear. DC has done some great races this year and well deserves a seat for next year.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    What? This means that Vettel's chances of moving to Red Bull are almost zero. What are the other choices? Toro Rosso? Come on Gerhard, don't hesitate! :

About Red Bull drivers. They remind me a lot of Toyota's pairing. Both teams have two experienced drivers and neither of those four have for different reasons never quite reached the very top. But as I'd like to see one young driver in next year's Toyota, so I'd like the same about Red Bull... which is not gonna happen though.

About DC's performances this year - he has had a couple of good races, but has looked a bit inconsistent and if I'm going to compare him to Webber, then... I have to say that in the sum of 8 races we have seen so far Webber has all in all looked marginally better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow! the Red Bull young drivers programme works really good isn't it? otherwise they would have to sign two old drivers, one totally finished and the other one without much future...

or did they?...
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This isn't a great surprise, but you're right, it doesn't really show much for the Red Bull drivers program. None again in RBR, and it's beginning to look like STR will also drop both their drivers and replace with two of Ralf, Bourdais and Vettel. Meanwhile, Klein was dropped by Red Bull and his 2008 comeback look unlikely, Doornbos is in joint lead of the ChampCar championship but a return to F1 looks unlikely, Jani's been outperformed by his teammate everyone thought was rubbish, Ammermuller, oh dear...

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    wow! the Red Bull young drivers programme works really good isn't it?
    Yeah, when Red Bull came to F1, then there were a lot of talks that Red Bull will try to make a breakthrough in F1 with their own drivers and as they have and had so many junior drivers, they even needed to buy another team to give them more opportunities to improve.

Now not only the possibility of getting into Red Bull is getting smaller, also Toro Rosso might start hiring non-RB-backed drivers (for example Bourdais). I guess that in the future young drivers won't be interested in getting Red Bull support as it won't help them much in realizing their dreams...

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Great idea!!!our car is a POS so let's change drivers!!!And not how can we make the car go better so our drivers do not look like a POS-

How about hamie to red bull or STR, about a year later, it will be let us change drivers, but atleast it will prove that our car is a pos---geeezeeass look at them honda boys, they must all be loser drivers--must have got their drivng licnense off of ebay

-and often overlooked is Nico Ros (who if he were British and home grown by Ronnie D, would probably be leading the WDC and everyone saying oh a superstar!! well with hamie, may be Bernie will get his wish, he can drop europe off the calendar completely, go back to cigarrette sponsors of smoking death and disease, move to the darker side of the world for races that are televeeised back for more money than ever while giving a hero)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: