Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Forever? I doubt about that - a driver needs changes to keep up the motivation. Renault also did everything possible to satisfy Alonso, but the Spaniard decided to look for a new challenge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    read the whole article before making any conclusions....

"I'm not saying I'm going to be here forever, I don't know how long I will be in Formula 1, I haven't decided how long I want to stay in Formula 1."
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Jeff Gordon's been driving the same car all his career for well over 10 years now so it could be possible Lewis could do the same.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    Well Jeff Gordon's been driving the same car all his career for well over 10 years now so it could be possible Lewis could do the same.
    But unlikely. F1 is very different to tin-top series. Same goes with V8 Supercars.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Yeah!! I think the Tin Tops and V8's have covers over the wheels; and maybe a roof over the drivers' heads?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    It's not the nature of F1 for drivers to spend their entire career's with a single team. For example, Alonso's on his third team in 7 seven years. Ferrari were Schumi's third team, Prost drove for 4, Senna for 4, Mansell for 4, Piquet for 4 (at least).

It's a nice sentiment to want to stay with McLaren for his entire career but I think the only way for that to happen is if Hamilton's career is a short one. The signs point to the exact opposite, however.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Hamie headed to Nascar???Move over jpm...a new dog in town

Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    read the whole article before making any conclusions....

"I'm not saying I'm going to be here forever, I don't know how long I will be in Formula 1, I haven't decided how long I want to stay in Formula 1."
    can only mean one thing: NASCAR!!

Must be thinkin about money and racing based more on driver ability and luck than technology..there was a time 15 or 20 years ago, when F1 was still like that (and 1967 was the best year ever for F1, Clark, Stewart, Gurney, Hill, Bruce, Denny, Surtees, et al in cars that had no electronic connections, data read outs, wings no pit stops and the best man either won or broke down...and no one played bumper cars since it was deadly enough w/o it)and back then, nascar depended on who had the best engine and the most mean blind ambition and the least fun in the pit stops...... but alas F1 has become just like NASCAr and has out-teched the driver, borrowed Nascar pit stops (but even over teched that as well!!) so give me a brake--there is no passing except passing in the pits as the F1 chief strategy now

Problem is JPM made a big splash and then sank plum out of sight, sort like a rock hitting the water, and he is with a team that produces race winners---so much for F1 driver superiority seems more like inferiority to me--

Of course with endorsments and personal apperances the top 10 or more drivers make as much or more than Schmui was making--and the top half of the field will make more money than FA and Hamie added together, and they seem to have fun, and do not spend their time walikn around like a nerdy effeminate Brit with something up his arse.

Based on the descriptions that Hamie seems to lack that particular snitty Brit problem, he just might fit in, and then we would see if got any talent
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    so, basically hes saying he has a lot of passion for the team, wasnt motivated by money but the challenge of F1 and cant imagine driving for another team.
    Although there are reports in the coverage of FP this weekend that his dad asked for his salary to be increased by a factor of 10. I don't know if Ron likes parting with his money that easily.

Then again, perhaps RD will have large legal fees to pay and not be able to afford LH????
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hakkinen was with one team for 9 years and would never have driven for another. it is possible to have the loyalty i suppose. is there actually any driver who had a relatively lengthy career and did it all with the same team?
    I didn't know chickens were capable of being vicious.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Lewis Hamilton was brought along by McLaren in the lower grades and they gave this talented man a great opportunity to learn racing step by step on the track. He wouldn't have scored so many consecutive podiums if he wasn't that good; even with the best car in F1 for any driver, let alone a rookie this is an extremely great achievement.
    Then, of course, you have the smart guys here who just want to call him names and deride his achievements with cheap snide remarks.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout