Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 Trivia

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    2nd GP ever!

Harry Schell drove a rear-engined Cooper-JAP at the 1950 Monaco GP. Unless there was one at Britain a week before hand...?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    2nd GP ever!

Harry Schell drove a rear-engined Cooper-JAP at the 1950 Monaco GP. Unless there was one at Britain a week before hand...?
    Correct - Your question

Mallen,
    The 1957 Coopers at Monaco (Brabham) and Silverstone (Salvadori) were Formula 1 cars - they had 2 litre engines in the F2 chassis hence had F2-**** chassis designations.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Let's re-write history:

Michael Schumacher debuted at the Belgian GP at Spa in 1991. If Michael wasn't driving, who then was Eddie Jordan's alternate choice?
    and for bonus points: Name the terrorist whose name was on the side of that Jordan?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Let's re-write history:

Michael Schumacher debuted at the Belgian GP at Spa in 1991. If Michael wasn't driving, who then was Eddie Jordan's alternate choice?
    and for bonus points: Name the terrorist whose name was on the side of that Jordan?
    I don't know the driver but Jordan had "Osama" on the cars up until '94 or '95.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Weren't there a couple of possibles - Stefan Johansson was one, but I also remember seeing a very unlikey name mentioned...the name escapes me though : I think it may have been Dave Coyne
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Yes to both Hawkmoon and Arrows. It was Osama on the side of those Jordans and Stefan Johansson. After being at Onyx he appeared at both AGS and Footwork (which perhaps explains why Arrows knew who it was) and I suspect that being in line being that plucky little German convinced him to join CART in 1992.

Go on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i thought it was the williams of the mid 80's that had osama written on the side? due to their saudi sponsors? or am i madly off course here?
    I didn't know chickens were capable of being vicious.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ottostreet
    i thought it was the williams of the mid 80's that had osama written on the side? due to their saudi sponsors? or am i madly off course here?
    I think you are generally on course. The Williams had sponsorship from the Bin Laden construction company and had Bin laden on the side. Osama Bin Laden is a member of the family that owns the firm.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    IIRC Osama were/are an Italian writing instruments producer, and they also sponsored the Leyton House March team.

Anyway...how about another question

The 2007 season will see Ferrari racing with their youngest driver pairing since when, and who were their two main drivers that year?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    IIRC Osama were/are an Italian writing instruments producer, and they also sponsored the Leyton House March team.

Anyway...how about another question

The 2007 season will see Ferrari racing with their youngest driver pairing since when, and who were their two main drivers that year?
    1974, Lauda & Regazzoni