Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    if freddie comes behind you then you crap yourself because he could come at you from any angle.
    Given his dangerous bonehead moves this year, I think you might be right on it with this one.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Given his dangerous bonehead moves this year, I think you might be right on it with this one.
    its the mark of an agressive racer. Schumacher was the same and it intimidated drivers as was Mansell and Senna.

Lewis was the same in GP2 and lower formula but in F1, he has been remarkably carefull and balanced when dealing with back markers this year to such an extent that he gave Alonso a sniff at a place the other week.

bet when he needs to really attack, you will see the same aggression.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Is that really a fair way to downtrod drivers that you don't admire?
    Was it fair when we have had the same thing regarding Michael Schumacher ever since I joined this place?

There will always be those who will bash a driver/team just for the sake of bashing, the best thing to do is simply ignore what they post, if you don't then you just wind yourself up and they have acheived what they set out to do, which is to get a reaction.

Now, I'm not in the Alonso fan club, he's far too whingy for my taste, but I thought he did good on Sunday, especially the move he made on Heidfeld around the outside.

As for your questions? I would give the same answer to all three, in that both team manager and driver will discuss stratergies/tyre choice etc. Both team manager and driver will decide when to push but only the driver will know whether there is anything more he can do with the car and again both team manager and driver will decide on overtaking and if it is at all possible.

So it's always a joint decision between both team manager and driver.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro

As for your questions? I would give the same answer to all three, in that both team manager and driver will discuss stratergies/tyre choice etc. Both team manager and driver will decide when to push but only the driver will know whether there is anything more he can do with the car and again both team manager and driver will decide on overtaking and if it is at all possible.

So it's always a joint decision between both team manager and driver.
    not quite correct.

the team will sit down with the drivers and discuss the different scenarios, what can be done different and come to a concensus but ultimatly, the drivers are looking to the teams to work out the strategy and advise them of what they need to do and when they need to do it. in the same way, when circumstances change during a race as they invaribly do, the team will communicate that change to the drivers.

the team usually know better than the drivers where they can push harder or make up time. in practice and qualifying, they will adjust corner entry and exit angles and speeds to finely hone the last 100th out of the lap. During the race, they will fluctuate fuel burn depending on what they need to do and will change a drivers pit time to reflect the competition or back markers.

in reality, once that helmet goes on, the driver is pre-programmed and accepts changes from the pit as the race goes on.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Before you get on your pulpits and start criticising drivers like Alonso, (this last race) and Kimi, (previous races) , may I ask whether you could tell us:
    1. Who makes the decision on pit stop strategies - drivers or team managers.
    2. Who decides when to push - the drivers or the team manager in the pits,
    3. Who tells the drivers to try to overtake

I've just about had enough of the nonsense about Fernando Alonso being criticised for trying his heart out to overcome his poor qualifying position, and by all these Armchair F1 Professors who seem to be privy to team instructions and team strategies.

Maybe these guys can come and share their profound F1 intelligence with the rest of us here in the forum.
    Sports is all about criticism. If people didn't complain about something then what would they talk about?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Exactly. We do not come here to read the posts, agree and than live happily till next race. We come here to discuss what happens in F1.

yes
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    Sports is all about criticism. If people didn't complain about something then what would they talk about?

Complaining is one thing, unfairly criticising the participants based on nonsensical arguments is something else.

The classical case, of course, is the ex Aussi champion Rugby great David Campese who criticises the Wallabies incessantly with stupid arguments all the time. He is held in such poor esteem that the players themselves voted that David not be allowed to present the jerseys to the players in the recent test in South Africa.

OK, I do admit that I have been guilty of some rather strong criticism of bunsen, maybe unfairly, but his lacklustre performance makes this an interesting subject - I do admit that this is more Honda's fault than bunsen's. So, the next time I do this, I will add the : smilie to my criticism.

I think that fair criticism will generate good discussions better than unfair criticisms.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    True. What compels people to do that I will not speculate.

Button, I must say, seems to be a driver who shines with a good car and cannot do much with anything else...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    MS was far more than the no.1 driver. He had some unique talent for car set up, and while there he acted as the true team principal, because if he said something or someone was not needed at Ferrari, then bye, bye, bye

Biggest problem at ferrari, is that they lost their team principal, chief tester and ultimate leader who lead by example rather than words, when he "retired"

And that is the way it is, if the car ain't set up to be the best and match what the driver can do, then the driver AND TEAM will never win
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: