Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Button's Back!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Honda certainly improved (about time!) and Button put in a good performance but the car is still not close to where it should be.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I had made it very clear that I will not respond to this poster, and I have no reason to change my mind.

If you have a reasonable question to ask me, please do so directly to me.

But I think the celebration of poor bunsen getting one point to be a cause celebre is lamentable, not so much on poor bunsen as it is in Team Honda.
    Do you really think Team Honda deserves any accolades?

And quite frankly Valve, I prefer it that you didn't respond to my posts, it just means that when I point out when your wrong to the forum, you won't try to contradict my post...

But I do have a question, and maybe if another member on the board finds it interesting, maybe they will ask as well so you can answer it without responding to me directly: How can as you put in that silly thread you started about the armchair professionals "Alonso drove his heart out" when in the best car on the grid (based on the constructors championship) finishes 7th. But when Button in a very bad Honda finishes 1 position behind Alonso its the very sarcastic "BIG DEAL You wouldn't be biased in the least bit are you Valve?
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It is fine, people just don't have to always agree on our idea.

You may need ask Robert Kubica if need be

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    And quite frankly Valve, I prefer it that you didn't respond to my posts, it just means that when I point out when your wrong to the forum, you won't try to contradict my post...

But I do have a question, and maybe if another member on the board finds it interesting, maybe they will ask as well so you can answer it without responding to me directly: How can as you put in that silly thread you started about the armchair professionals "Alonso drove his heart out" when in the best car on the grid (based on the constructors championship) finishes 7th. But when Button in a very bad Honda finishes 1 position behind Alonso its the very sarcastic "BIG DEAL You wouldn't be biased in the least bit are you Valve?

No Comment!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    As has been mentioned often - Button tends to drive well in good cars and not-so-well in poor cars. As the car is now a bit better, then also JB is a bit better - in Magny-Cours he was better than Barrichello and quite clearly, which has been quite unusual this year!

In some way Jenson was lucky to start his F1 career in a good team, which enabled him to shine, so that even a poor 2001 season didn't end his career. If his F1 career had started in a poor team and he had struggled there a lot, maybe it would have put an end to his future in the series... but that's not important any more. Probably it's better to perform well, when one has a competitive machinery rather than hasn't (who cares whether you drive well and finish 10th or drive mediocrly and finish 12th).

Some seem quite over the moon about Honda's slight progress. I think that it was about time, I expected them to become point contenders earlier than that. They showed some promise at Monaco, hopefully Magny-Cours wouldn't be another "one-off". Don't expect Honda to become significantly better during this season (last point positions).

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I think in fairness to Valve, he's right in that we shouldn't really be congratulating Honda on scoring 1 point. As he's correctly pointed out, with their resources, 1 point in 8 races is a disgrace really.

However, that doesn't mean we can't praise Button, who, though I'm not a fan of his, was probably driver of the race. He did a splendid job!! Button can't be to blame for Honda giving him a cr*p car, that's down to the design team. I'm sure Button wouldn't have given them feedback resulting in such a poor car, hence the fact he knew it wasn't right the first time he drove the car.

Well done to Honda for their development speed over the course of the season, but they really should be able to get it right first time now, rather than spend the first half races in the season fixing everything that's wrong before they start making it quick.

Out of the 4 Honda drivers though, I think Sato has done the best job, followed by Rubens, who has for the majority of the season had the upperhand over Button, followed by Button, and then Davidson, who apart from shining in practice, seems to lose his nerve during qualifying and the race. His mistake in France was that of a complete novice, not of someone who has been driving F1 cars for as many years as he has been. I said give him half a season before judging him, and it's coming up now, and he hasn't really made any impression on Sato yet, who was completely dominated by Button. I was surprised to hear Davidsons comments recently in which he stated he thought he had proven he deserved a place in F1. If he wasn't British, I think a lot of people would be wondering what exactly he has done to deserve a seat from this year's showing...unfortuantely

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_gerrard
    Forget hamilton, cause Button will be winning the British GP :

Ever the optimist Stevie :

I am interested to see how much the fans have moved over to Lewis on Sunday and if Button has become somewhat the forgotten man of F1.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Besides Monaco Magny-Cours looks like another one-off for Honda. Okay, they were better in race than in qualifying in France, but at Silverstone they are in weaker grid positions than they were at Magny-Cours. I can hardly see them scoring another point in "normal conditions".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe not, but its good to know that Honda are heading in the right direction. I know it's not exactly ideal, and it isnt good enough considering their previous season performances, but for a team having to start again with a difficult car, it was nice to see that fighting spirit.

It's a shame with the problems they've had, but i agree that things aren't too hopeful for this british GP after qualifying.
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even allowing for cars falling out ahead of him, Button made places during the race. Okay, mostly down to one stopping, but he made places. Savour that - it doesn't often happen
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused: