Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRC - New cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well if they get the authorisation to run IRC or WRC, I think that they will only run on tarmac events, because on gravel they don't have nothing to do against S2000 or any full wheel drive car
    M. Monroe: Diamonds are girl's best friend
    feresc13: If they are three in red, also for a guy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    Hmm... to say they are slower because they don't have the fastest time on the leaderboard is IMO a bad assumption. Of course, in total on the stage they are slower, but on top speed they are a lot faster. IMO it's quite redicoulous to drive rallycars at speeds op +300Km/h.
    look I dindt just say "oh these cars are slow because they'r behind in the leader boards and just because i say so!" NO i said they seemed to be slower and that "some" driver called Puras also said so. I also said why they were not as fast (controlled performance). So dont try to be a smarta55. And of course they are faster on a straight line, but does that matter much in a twisty rally? he11 no.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Dude, calm down. Trying to be a smartass? Just wanted to write down my opinion.

IMO those speeds are way to high on rallyroads. Maybe that is the reason declares them as unsafe, that's an assumption.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Grønholm in 911

Would love to see Grønholm in a 911, as a "gentleman" driver after retirement !

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    boaring!! if eye wanna see ferrari's or porsche`s id watch touring car or track racing i like the IRC, its cars, these are rally cars like WRC cars, Grp, N and S1600/JWRC

Not bentlys or lambo's.... I would watch Gumball 3000 if I wanted to see those cars..
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    GigiGalliNo1: Probably You know absolutely nothing about rally history. Porsche is much more classic rally car then any stupid shopping bag rebuilt to S1600 racing special. What about Lancia Stratos, Lancia 037, Toyota Celica, Opel Manta, Alpine 110, Datsun 240Z or Mazda RX-7? Those were pure sports cars just from their nature. What is beter to race with? To refuse sports car and to race with shopping bags? A bit strange idea, don't You think?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    The current Porsches are nothing like the Porsches in the history of rallysport. I can follow somehow gigigalli and don't see a current racecar porsche doing a safari rally. As far as the shopping bags are concerned, well they can do the safari.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]GigiGalliNo1: Probably You know absolutely nothing about rally history. Porsche is much more classic rally car then any stupid shopping bag rebuilt to S1600 racing special. What about Lancia Stratos, Lancia 037, Toyota Celica, Opel Manta, Alpine 110, Datsun 240Z or Mazda RX-7? Those were pure sports cars just from their nature. What is beter to race with? To refuse sports car and to race with shopping bags? A bit strange idea, don't You think?
    S1600 are a shopping bag rebuilt, ya thats why renault, citroen, peugeot and suzuki have gone and spent millions developing these cars!!!!!! A porche isnt anywhere near the same car as a s1600, rally history!!! Move on! You said it yourself, there sports cars, not rally cars,there great on a race track or driving down a motor way but not on a real rally stage, for that you need a real rally car, like a s1600.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Evidently You haven't realized what I was told...

Yes, these days S1600 is great rally car. But it is a great sport tool made by using huge amounth of money from totaly diferent car which only target is low cost and some usefulness in the city. For me it is absolutely crazy to built completely new cars looking like shopping bags instead of using sports cars for making rally cars from them. It is just a marketing nothing to do with sport. Shopping bags and small family hatches are the biggest market but why should they be a reason to prohibit cars built as sports ones from the very first drawing? These days only production cars Subaru and Mitsubishi are not pretended family cars with almost nothing shared with the base model except the shape. Well, don't mind if someone wants to make such illusions but why to prohibid the cars which are built for sport instead? That's what embarrass me...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Personally I have nothing against GT cars in rallying and I have nothing against rally cars on circuits :