Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Maybe if it's weight then it would be better to just weigh the car without tyres?
    this would seem logical but when a team comes in for a weigh check, the 30 seconds longer to get the wheels on or off is a long time in qual.

just an opinion but that would hit me first if I were a boss and this was proposed.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't they also do it to increase the ride height?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonman
    thats a new one on me. why would they? the car is just about the lightest it is all race so will be fractions abouve what it would be in racr speed. its also going slowly so not experiencing race downforce further raising the ride hight.

why would they want to? unless your talking about illegal ride height which I think is checked with new tyres (not 100% sure)
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonman
    yep, forgot to put that in my post. I think it's for the ride height too, again something I remember hearing somewhere
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Picking up rubbers?
    So it's nothing to with buying some condoms for his post race parties at the strip clubs then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    ......shouldnt the FIA skim the tyres before weighing the car or be asking ferrari to demonstrate they conformed at all times?

Nobody can measure the weight when the car is running....so I guess what's important is how much the car weighes when it stopped.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not enough time to measure the weight of stopped car in the pit, you have to make it in hurry, if not they will take your outlet fuel stick with the car into the race

Pick up some rubber refers to the gauntlet, pick up the gauntlet that usually means to motivate the driver give more challenges and not to easily give up to another diver(s) pressuring him.

Hope this helps.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fan-veteran
    I think that is nothing about weight. One of the commentators i remember speaking that they (from Ferrari) want to hide tha actual status of the worn tires when the car is parked in the pit lane in front of everyone. But i may be in error .....
    The vet has got it. All this talk about adding weight by collecting rubber is stupid. Why not take one of the marshalls aboard and quarantee that the car meets the minimum weight?

Do you really think any team would risk the results by having a cars a few kilos light? The idea is absurd.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fan-veteran
    I think that is nothing about weight. One of the commentators i remember speaking that they (from Ferrari) want to hide tha actual status of the worn tires when the car is parked in the pit lane in front of everyone. But i may be in error .....
    That commentator has his hand on it. All the teams tell their drives to pick up marbles after the race. It's purely to ensure that the car is over the minimum weight.

Remember back to Hungary last year. Kubica ws disqualified because his tyres were so worn that when his car was weighed it was found to be under weight. He wasn't able to pick up enough marbles to put his car above the weight limit.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei
    The vet has got it. All this talk about adding weight by collecting rubber is stupid. Why not take one of the marshalls aboard and quarantee that the car meets the minimum weight?

Do you really think any team would risk the results by having a cars a few kilos light? The idea is absurd.
    Didn't Kubica get disqualified last year for having an underweight car? The team took the blame for that saying they forgot to tell him to pick up rubber.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.