Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 coverage in the US

I am going to the US for three weeks tomorrow and want to know which channels show F1 for the coming two races. Any help appreciated.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    For the British GP that would be FOX, usually the local broadcast affiliate. For other races, that would be Speed Channel, which is on most Cable/Satellite broadcast schedules. The local TV broadcast guides are best to find what time the races will be shown.

Practice & Qually days are shown on Speed Channel.

Hope that helps.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great thanks a lot! I just hope the house we're renting has those channels
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    no problem.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktory
    great thanks a lot! I just hope the house we're renting has those channels

Call the owner/manager of the house.

Shouldn't take more than a phone call (ok and you spending some more money) to make sure you have the channel.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the US F1 coverage. 9 times out of 10 we watch the races on Speed, but when TSN (a canadian Network) carries it, their broadcast is f-ing Terrible!

US TV also works different than ours, but i think that FOX is free-to-air down there, and Speed is Cable, so for sure you will get FOX, but speed, maybe not.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Depending on where you are renting there may be a sports bar in the area that will be showing the races on big screen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Fox broadcast for Silverstone is same-day tape (1 PM ET). That allows the local Fox affiliate to air public affairs ("Fox News Sunday") and in some cases, religious programming. As a rule, it is not welcome to interrupt stations' coverage of the public affairs shows or religious programming -- many stations' religious programming come with a contractual obligation to air them.

As a broadcast network (over-the-air), the British GP will air in all markets.

The Speed race at the 'Ring is live but it may not be available in your market. Some cable outlets (TWC-Charlotte) air it on basic but others (TWC-SC Midlands) has it as premium.

I wish Fox had control to let Jeff Hammond, Mike Joy, and Darrell Waltrip to watch the F1 race from pit lane or other points to watch the tactics of the drivers through the technical points. Those three guys would almost certainly go on pit lane and study the engineers for X's and O's, and leak them on a broadcast, since Hammond, a former saloon-car engineer, has quietly become one of the stars of US motorsport commentary.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC
    The Fox broadcast for Silverstone is same-day tape (1 PM ET).
    I wish Fox had control to let Jeff Hammond, Mike Joy, and Darrell Waltrip to watch the F1 race from pit lane or other points to watch the tactics of the drivers through the technical points. Those three guys would almost certainly go on pit lane and study the engineers for X's and O's, and leak them on a broadcast, since Hammond, a former saloon-car engineer, has quietly become one of the stars of US motorsport commentary.

Noooooooooooooooo Thank you

I don't want any of those NASCARE guys anywhere near F1 coverage.
    I find their reporting uneccessary and often times reduntent. They are also well paid lackey's of NASCAR and rarerly raise any objection to anything that NASCAR does during the race. In fact the NASCAR folks could use about 6 less people covering the race. There is no need for a 2 man studio team and then a 3 man commentart team, followed by 2 pit lane engineer reporters, one look-out reporter and 3 roving "side line" reporters.

In fact, most US commentators ( with the outstanding exception of the Speed TV crew) are all more league reprters than independant minds, too often they sing the praises of the referees, teams and leagues, rather than mention or actually "comment " on situations that occur. Just watch the difference in Champ Cart, IRL and NASCAR coverage to the insightful and independantly manifested commentary by the Speed TV F1 guys.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The coverage of a NASCAR race (esp FOX) is second to none!
    SKOL VIKINGS!