Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozrevhead
    Further more Rossi was winning like this and it was great - someone else does it and its boring. Its only boring when its not YOUR rider isnt in front!!!...What is boring about seeing a future superstar in the making? Whats so boring about someone beating Rossi at his own game?
    Stoner is my favourite driver, but I must say it is boring for me when he is so dominating in the last races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To see Ducati stick it to the Japanese manufacturers who have dominated the blue riband event for over 30 years, and to see someone other than Valentino be so winning, is anything but boring. So many begrudgers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watch the racing with a mate who is English and a massive Rossi fan. We've had this discussion many a time this season

We agreed last night that it was different when Rossi was dominating, and the reason we settled on was that Rossi did it in spite of himself - he'd overshoot a corner, or run right off the track, then come back to win. So there was a real spectacle about how he did it. Stoner on the other hand simply does not make mistakes.

I'm enjoying seeing Stoner riding so ruthlessly and perfectly, and always will, but it'll be nice to see the other riders challenging him.

Jim, good point - last Euro manufacturer to take the premier title was MV Agusta in 1973... (Phil Read). It's great to see the most race-focussed bike company doing so well at this level (but let's hope that they don't also turn MotoGP into the Ducati cup, lol).
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Timely quote from Paul Denning (Rizla Suzuki Team Manager) following Misano:

"Rizla Suzuki would also like to congratulate Casey Stoner on another unbelievable performance today. There has been a lot of nonsense spoken in MotoGP this year regarding tyre regulations, engine performance, etc. etc. I believe that the difference at the moment is Casey and we're focusing our best efforts to improve our own performance to beat him and that's what everybody should be doing at this time!"
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    Stoner is my favourite driver, but I must say it is boring for me when he is so dominating in the last races.
    And we have a winner!

But my first season of watching MotoGP was in 2006, so the bar was raised very high.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Timely quote from Paul Denning (Rizla Suzuki Team Manager) following Misano:

"Rizla Suzuki would also like to congratulate Casey Stoner on another unbelievable performance today. There has been a lot of nonsense spoken in MotoGP this year regarding tyre regulations, engine performance, etc. etc. I believe that the difference at the moment is Casey and we're focusing our best efforts to improve our own performance to beat him and that's what everybody should be doing at this time!"
    exactly.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    To see Ducati stick it to the Japanese manufacturers who have dominated the blue riband event for over 30 years, and to see someone other than Valentino be so winning, is anything but boring. So many begrudgers.
    here here!!!
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion