Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they did very well, spot on with the tactics, and took advantage of some suspect Mclaren strategies. good job done
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia ferrari
    Yes, he gained on them a bit, when the ferraris were in heavy traffic, but i can't understand that gamble to take a 3 stop stragedy. I mean, apart from not having to go through traffic, it didn't really give him anything and he was what? Half a min behind the 2 ferraris at the end.

I thought it was daft that LH didn't want to get past DC when he had to lap him, poor DC, i bet he was a bit anxious

If you are referring to the time towards the end of the race, although the guy he was supposed to lap was not mentioned, live timing's guys made the comment that nobody could possibly threaten lewis at that time, so he was just coasting towards his third place finish.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    If you are referring to the time towards the end of the race, although the guy he was supposed to lap was not mentioned, live timing's guys made the comment that nobody could possibly threaten lewis at that time, so he was just coasting towards his third place finish.
    That's what Ron Dennis said after the race:
    "Lewis didn't make a good start. He was able to hang on; there was no problem with pace, but it was going to be impossible to overtake. We then started to evaluate everything that could go wrong, or everything that was likely to cause us to lose third place, and then we switched him to a strategy to guarantee third place, and that was really what that was all about."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60425
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    However, this lack of a kamikaze effort against the red cars does not detract from a wonderful performance from this rookie to record another podium. I'd love to see this fellow win the championship.
    Sorry for going off topic in a Ferrari thread
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Well done to Kimi, Massa and Ferrari. Hopefully they can mount a serious challenge for the title now
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Sorry for going off topic in a Ferrari thread
    Why you little...... :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.