Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn Buccaneer
    Hi from southern cal.
    Pleased to be here: 've been looking at boards on the net, and this site seems to have a larger number of reasonable people. So if anyone could shed some light...

i've been trying to figure out why hamilton has been slow off the start, and looking at alonzo's tranmission problems this weekend, i wonder if mclaren's transmmision needs a softer touch, not only on launch, but on acceleration also.
    Is mclaren's transmission less robust than say, ferrari's transmission?
    Big Welcome to our Zany forum.

To answer your question, I think that Kimi was on the racing line behind Massa, got good grip and tucked in behind Massa and Hamilton never looked like fitting in between them.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Narr
    To me it looked as though Massa deserved it more than Kimi; ).

Yeah!! lets' disqualify the guy because Massa deserved it more. We could make it even harder for Kimi with a 10 place penalty for quals for the next race - just to put him in his place; fancy trying to beat Massa - don't know what got into the lad; he's been acting kinda strange lately.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thank you, and thanks for your reply.
    then is it possible hamilton was exercising caution: in the sense that in order to finish he has to get away cleanly, keeping an eye on the bigger picture? It's best to get some of the points than to get none at all.

That's it for my questions on Mclaren here: this thread is about ferrari" wasn't trying to be rude.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    The way Martin described the start, I think the racing line the guys on the right hand side (facing front) had grip, and the other side didn't. You could say that Lewis exercised caution, but there was not much to be gained by ramming Kimi from the side

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Narr
    To me it looked as though Massa deserved it more than Kimi; for the whole effort over the weekend and the traffic that gets in the way (some would argue that's his own problem ).
    Not a lucky day for Felipe, he worked really hard to get a good advantage before his pit stops and was keeping Kimi at bay.
    Brawn almost always managed to get the drivers out in clean air after their stops, but this year that isn't really working at Ferrari, Luckily it wasn't a McLaren to take advantage.
    As for Massa complaining about the backmarkers he was right to do it, it wasn't the first time this season that the slow cars got in the way of the leaders and didn't even care about it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ferrari were running a new aero package for France. Anyone have details on what all the aero mods were? A couple were obvious, but I was just wondering if anyone out there with sharper eyes picked up more details?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Yeah!! lets' disqualify the guy because Massa deserved it more. We could make it even harder for Kimi with a 10 place penalty for quals for the next race - just to put him in his place; fancy trying to beat Massa - don't know what got into the lad; he's been acting kinda strange lately.

No. Let's not! It was a ferrari 1-2 for pete's sake, you can't be dissapointed either way, i wasn't.

Don't take anything away from Kimi, he did a great job, i think it would have been a slightly diffrent outcome at the end of the race if Kimi hadn't done that on the start.
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn Buccaneer
    ...then is it possible hamilton was exercising caution: in the sense that in order to finish he has to get away cleanly, keeping an eye on the bigger picture? It's best to get some of the points than to get none at all.
    According to LH in the press conference:
    "...my start was quite poor and to be honest I don't know really what happened. I need to look over the data. It just didn't seem to go very well and didn't make a good getaway and obviously lost a position to Kimi who had an exceptional start."
    So in answer to your question, no, Hamilton wasn't being cautious. Once he'd made a poor start, however, it was a case of making the best of the situation, and third was the best he could do behind the Ferraris.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Yes, he gained on them a bit, when the ferraris were in heavy traffic, but i can't understand that gamble to take a 3 stop stragedy. I mean, apart from not having to go through traffic, it didn't really give him anything and he was what? Half a min behind the 2 ferraris at the end.

I thought it was daft that LH didn't want to get past DC when he had to lap him, poor DC, i bet he was a bit anxious
    100% out and out Ferrari fan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ferrari did a much better job this race. the changes made to the car and the way it was set up let them get the best out of it. the cars very fast as yesterday proved and with the drivers not making any mistakes, showed their true pace again.

McLaren are going to have to raise the bar again and get back on terms.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.