Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD
    They should really think about redesigning it. I've noticed none of the vents and grilles are now actually real anymore, they are just painted on, what does this achieve?
    Better aeorodynamics would the first reason I'd go for, too many holes and shapes are unnecessary.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Teams

If you look at Vauxhall and to be fair all the manufactures that have been in BTCC in recent years, history says, they have all have chosen proven championship winning teams like RML, 888,

SEAT don't have that to my knowledge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plus, I feel, SEAT proves the old saying "Rome was not built in a day".

NorthernSouth, as far as I am aware, and I am sticking my neck out here in the vain hope I may be right, do not have anywhere near the experience of 888 and RML. Grant and Ian may have been toghether since 2000 when they set up the team in March of that year, but only have been together at SEAT since 2005.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I wouldn't say it's the preparation firm's fault. The car is obviously competitive on its day. Anyway, I doubt they will have done much to the cars as supplied to them by SEAT Sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

I'm not sure if they need a rule-break, if a paragraph I read in an advertisement in this week's Autosport is true. In the centre pages, there is an ad for a company called Turbo Dynamics. They say:

"Volkswagen Racing isn't the only satisfied customer to work with Turbo Dynamics. SEAT Sport UK has worked with TD since 2003. It's involvement includes running cars in the SEAT Cupra Championship and the turbocharged cars competing in the BTCC, including Jason Plato's Leon. the BTCC cars take a great deal of punishment: SEAT Sport UK's record for reliability and performance in competition is a testament to Turbo Dynamics' know-how and to the unparallelled reliability of it's turbochargers."

:
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    "Volkswagen Racing isn't the only satisfied customer to work with Turbo Dynamics. SEAT Sport UK has worked with TD since 2003. It's involvement includes running cars in the SEAT Cupra Championship and the turbocharged cars competing in the BTCC, including Jason Plato's Leon. the BTCC cars take a great deal of punishment: SEAT Sport UK's record for reliability and performance in competition is a testament to Turbo Dynamics' know-how and to the unparallelled reliability of it's turbochargers."
    If it is true then all power to them, but can you imagine a company openly admitting it has a fault?

A company surely wouldn't openly they have fault, would they?

I mean if you were the head of a team like Turbo Dynamics that does what TD does, would you openly annonce that your turbo chargers aren't competitive in the BTCC?

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    If it is true then all power to them, but can you imagine a company openly admitting it has a fault?

A company surely wouldn't openly they have fault, would they?

I mean if you were the head of a team like Turbo Dynamics that does what TD does, would you openly annonce that your turbo chargers aren't competitive in the BTCC?
    you have mildly missed the point of Iains post there SEATFreak - the advert is patently wrong, as there are no Turbochargers in the BTCC (in the petrol cars at least), the rules exclude turbo charging (the diesel BMW however is a different story)

so their advert is a blatant error, one which a company involved in motorsport shouldn't be making, it makes them look amateurish to say the least.

perhaps you missed the " " in the previous post?
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Perhaps they know something that the scrutineers don't!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    perhaps you missed the " " in the previous post?
    Don't you mean the " :"?

Because now you have told me I think the biggest thing I have missed is how much of a joke the error is given Autosport's professional status as a motorsport magazine.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    more of a joke the error in Turbo Dynamics advertising, but the magazine should have spotted it too
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.