Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    *yawn* seat are so boring, get on with it and race! If they think they deserve a weight break, what about Kerry in a diesel or others that cant afford to develop a car like seat can!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look at Vauxhall the Astra clearly wasn't up to the job, so they switched to the Vectra and look at the results they are getting now. Now if only Seat currently produced a saloon car, or would Plato find something else to complain about

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its not Alan Gow's fault that the car hasn't been properly developed or that other cars are better than them.

Like Mallory Said Vauxhall new the Astra wasn't up to the job but they didn't ask for a weight advantage or similar.
    RIP Colin McRae

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    What?! This is ridiculous!! Read this quote from Scott Dennis:

"It is recognised in the World Touring Car Championship that the car has drawbacks and they look at ways of addressing that...it's frustrating to have our hands shackled."

Did Audi get any compensation when they changed from 4WD to 2WD, or when Peugeot re-entered in 2001? No, their cars weren't good enough to win - that's their fault, not the BTCCs! Don't use the Leon if it's not suitable for a touring car!!!
    Exactly. They have shackled their own hands by using the Leon, if it's that bad.

If they end up pulling out of the series after this season as a result of not being 'helped', so be it. Hopefully it won't come to that, but you never know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yawn yawn yawn!
    Sorry Mr Plato, I will usually defend you but this is just ridiculous.
    SEAT spent the best part of 2005 moaning about the weight dispensation they they thought they should have been given.
    In 2006 they moaned about the Integra because they didn't think it was 'in the spirit' of the regs as it wasn't built in the uk.
    Fair point maybe, but in Mr Plato's own words (to me in an interview last July) - "2007 will be an equal playing field because we all will have S2000 cars"
    Now in 07, the others catch up and SEAT don't have the advantage they thought they would.
    So what happens? Surprise, surprise - Mr Plato starts moaning again.
    Change the record, please!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So they've built an s2000 hatch, which will blatently be aerodynamically flawed due to it being a hatchback! and now they want to be dug out of their hole? lol

I don't see A-Tech saying "yeah we're well off the pace, can we stick a V8 in there?"

They just need to get on with it!
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They entered about fifty Leons in the WTCC last year, with an all-star driver line up....and still failed to beat Priaulx and the Beemer boys. Maybe they should've taken a hint?

As Seat don't have a saloon, VW group should enter a Jetta, and Octavia or a Passat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seat may have a saloon in 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain VXR
    Seat may have a saloon in 2009
    Care to elaborate?
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the issue of the rule break, it concerns something I know little to nothing about but I totally agree about the general census on this thread. As much as a SEAT in the low points scoring places pains me, I must bear in mind it is by far the worst thing. The team has never been out of the top 9 - the lowest is 8th and every time a Leon has achieved a fast lap it has been the fastest in the race. Such as at Croft Turners 1:27.482 beat Turkingtons 1:27.852.

They are succesful. Just not yet outright the top team in the BTCC
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')