Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Musgrace Suspended One Race!!!

NASCAR suspends Musgrave one race: NASCAR announced today that Ted Musgrave, driver of the #9 Toyota in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, has been suspended from competition until July 3, penalized 50 championship driver points, fined $10,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for a rule violation he committed during the race at the Milwaukee Mile on June 22. Musgrave was found to be in violation of Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing; hitting another competitor's truck during a caution period) of the 2007 NASCAR rule book. In addition, Bob Germain, owner of the #9, has been penalized 50 championship truck owner points. The next race on the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series schedule is at Memphis Motorsports Park on Saturday.(NASCAR PR)(6-27-2007)
    After failing to learn the lesson that was attempted to be taught to Kurt Busch for using your vehicle as a weapon, NASCAR has dropped the hammer. Good call methinks
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its a good call, but now it comes to question of why didn't Nascar do this to Busch.

I saw what Musgrave did was wrong, but Bires was safe in his truck.

Stewarts crew member could've easily have been seriously injured for the stunt Busch did on Pit road.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would guess that Busch's hit was the LAST ONE EVER that won't result in a suspension. I do agree that Busch should have gotten a race for it though
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    harvick#1 , diddo
    :dozey: Behold the power of cheese;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But he couldn't steer the truck after the damage haha

funny how he managed to drive off afterwards ok..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    c'mon this is the truck series. Nascar can get away with a real penalty like this in a lesser series. remember the Ryan Moore deal in Busch North a couple years back? if you don't then you get my point.

will this really translate into future Cup suspensions? somehow i think not. Nascar can pull this off in a series where money and ratings are far less.

the only thing that impresses me is that they suspended a past champion. but who here really expects to see Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon suspended for spinning someone on pit road the next time? not me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djarumdudley
    c'mon this is the truck series. Nascar can get away with a real penalty like this in a lesser series. remember the Ryan Moore deal in Busch North a couple years back? if you don't then you get my point.

will this really translate into future Cup suspensions? somehow i think not. Nascar can pull this off in a series where money and ratings are far less.

the only thing that impresses me is that they suspended a past champion. but who here really expects to see Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon suspended for spinning someone on pit road the next time? not me.

You're right. NASCAR doesn't give a rat's patootie about the CTS which is the major reason why the series is barely hanging by a thread. Pity.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Musgrave did not get a negative score out of Milwaukee because the minimum score in Trucks is 55 points per race.

The minimum Musgrave loses is 55 points because of a 36-truck field.

The suspension in smaller-field races hurts more than one in a 43-car field.

Plus 100 points is a straight penalty that doesn't hurt by what others do -- a suspension could be a small penalty if the opponents chasing the suspended driver finish 38th or worse. Losing 100 points in a Chase format means those 100 points are punished now. If a driver was suspended and the other drivers chasing the suspended score bad finishes the next race, he didn't lose but 34-60 points, and that's still better off than 100 points.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unless the circumstances are dire, a driver should never be suspended. The fans pay too much money and effort to come watch their favorite drivers, and they deserve to see them. If suspensions are in order, then perhaps a better solution would be to give the equilvalent points and monetary fine of a missed race.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think its crap! Yeah, Teddy can be a hothead, but so is Kurt Busch. I guess djarumdudley is correct with his assessment.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.