Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Lightbulb What would you choose, the glory of IRC or the challenge of PWRC ?

Let's say you are a decent driver and you'd have an access to get yourself a brand new S2000 car. To which series you would take part next season ??

To IRC where there are new and exciting rallies, try out different rule-set, you would get probably much more TV-coverage but the competition woud be lower than in PWRC. You would seriously need to think does it matter but since you have a determined plan to some day reach the vey top of rallying, professionally it clearly won't feed you as much.

Or, to PWRC where the compettion is much harder but you had the chance to circle and get experience from rallies used in WRC. Should you do well, especially in tarmac rallies, you would probably fan the team bosses of WRC early on your career which would naturally be very important.

If it was me ( hey, I'm another flying finn ) I'd choose PWRC in a second and had a head against head battle with the boys ( hopefully not girls since Natalie isn't so fast ) of PWRC.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Offcourse PWRC, if trying to the top IRC would be a waste of time. but not with a s2000
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    PWRC. IRC is still on paper only. Maybe after a year I will consider IRC if it proves to be a success especially with the highly commented Eurosport promotion/coverage. I was very angry and dissatisfied with Eurosport when I was able to view it between 1997-2001. Their TV schedule was anything but reliable and in general lack of professionalism.

I really don´t get all the excitement about IRC.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    PWRC, but not with a S2000. I choose a Impreza WRX STI. I don't like S2000 cars so far.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Both.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    IRC with a 207 S2000 !!!

:

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    IRC with a 207 S2000 !!!
    Tom, the question was what would you do as a driver not as a fan...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IRC without a shadow of a doubt. What is the PWRC but a series to make up the numbers? The UK has had a couple of PWRC winners in recent years which has basically ended their careers. Anyone who mentions the likes of Latvala in this thread wants shooting as he has the backing and a good manager who can find the funds to buy him into a WRC seat regardless of his undoubted talent.

Think the IRC with Safari,San Remo, Madeira Ypres and all is a much more attractive challenge.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    IRC. In PWRC there are equalizer rules for your S2000 car. Judging from how the FIA equalizes WTCC and FIA GT, this would mean your competitive one time and uncompetitive the next. This makes it completely useless for teambosses or sponsors to judge your ability, so it won't help the future of your career.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    IRC without a shadow of a doubt. What is the PWRC but a series to make up the numbers? The UK has had a couple of PWRC winners in recent years which has basically ended their careers. Anyone who mentions the likes of Latvala in this thread wants shooting as he has the backing and a good manager who can find the funds to buy him into a WRC seat regardless of his undoubted talent.

Think the IRC with Safari,San Remo, Madeira Ypres and all is a much more attractive challenge.

Very good points sal

May I add another question to the thread? Do you think the status of PWRC may increase with possible intrest of S2000?

Because that's what I hope. The i´deal situation would be if PWRC/S2000 act like GP2 in F1.
    Another Flying Finn