Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Ups i forgot...and let's have 2 snow-events every 2 years mokin:
    And 1 snow event every year. Be interesting to see how they manage/manoeuvere which events.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    And 1 snow event every year. Be interesting to see how they manage/manoeuvere which events.
    Sweden or Norway, or they can switch event every year It doesn't matter for me, I will visit them anyway
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts
    According to this article http://www.ireland.com/sports/other/...943143513.html
    it should be 24 events alternated every two years in the 12 rounds championship.

So no need to drop any round and still some place for 3-4 new rounds.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    12 rallies in the calendar is brilliant thing
    Why it is brilliant thing? Why less events is better?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Why it is brilliant thing? Why less events is better?

Hopefully there is quality over quantity. Keep drivers motivated. The rate of rallies burn them out pretty soon, as you may have seen from some of our champions. Keep fans motivated. Maybe more time for focusing the problems inside the team, or the car. Hopefully better rallies.

I don't mind waiting at all. Tell you the truth, rally every other weekend partly lost my interest. I hate to say but I was somewhat of bored this spring and it had nothing to do with Citroen+Loeb domination. I just didn't find enough interest on those rallyes.

Another Flying Finn

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    12 events was a good move.....10 would be even better. i think they should enforce this rule from 2008.
    I bet 5 rallyes a year is better. It reduces de the costs to a half. A World championship doesn't need ti visisit so many countries. Is enogh if you se MC and Corsica as one country.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    And that's another step to wrong direction. I don't want to see lawnmovers in Neste Rally...
    I dont think there will be any big difference on the WRCars today and in the future.
    Some small changes always come, but it will be like having a Punto S2000 shell on the C4, or whatever.
    Or if there would be a S2000 model of every WRCars we got today.

Thats how I understood it, not that the WRCars will be like some S2000/GrN car in performance.
    That would be wrong
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Hopefully there is quality over quantity. Keep drivers motivated. The rate of rallies burn them out pretty soon, as you may have seen from some of our champions. Keep fans motivated. Maybe more time for focusing the problems inside the team, or the car. Hopefully better rallies.

I don't mind waiting at all. Tell you the truth, rally every other weekend partly lost my interest. I hate to say but I was somewhat of bored this spring and it had nothing to do with Citroen+Loeb domination. I just didn't find enough interest on those rallyes.

I don't agree with you, less rallyes could mean more time to focusing the problems, wich could mean spend the same amount of money without return. At least in a rally the investment as visible efect. With this i mean that less 4 rallyes doesn't mean a less on the budget of teams, it means more money directed to development and less to rallying.

Let's imagine a budget with 50% for development and tests and 50% to rallyes, now you'll have 62.5% to D&T and 37.5% to rallying. Isn't rallying the thing that gives ROI? Yes it is, but is the smaller part of the budget.

To thionk that a reduce of rallyes is a budget cutter, is wrong, the money goes to other areas, the areas that eat big amount of money and don't bring real value to the rallying: Tests and development.

But we have another problem, with the quality that we see on the choose of the rallyes to go to WRC callender, with only 12 places available, we will have problems about the choosen rallyes. As usual good rallyes wil stay out and unisnteresting rallyes will go in. With 16 events we have a "war" between the rallyes, with only 12 we will have a bigger war, and don't think that the WRC will be the winner after all this.

We need to reduce costs, and the new rule about the cars is really good, that is a rule made with the brains on the right place. The very sofisiticated WRC cars almost kiled the WRC, but this problem resolution is not as simple as it seems.

As bt52b wrote, less rallyes less media coverage and less spectator interest, and as i think the money spent will be the same, that is a bad decision that wil leaves us nowhere.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    The media coverage has always been poor. And no matter what they do, it will always be poor. So no point bringing that up.

We don't know what happens in the cabinets do we? I have a feeling there are plans for those rallyes missing the spot after 2009. Not sure though what plans but I'm pretty sure they won't be not used.

There might be different series for different rallyes.

There also might be a rotation between the rallyes. Imagine the good points on that. Somewhat new stages every year. Suddenly the adnvantage of experience is decreased and the newcomers start almost from the same level to the rallyes.

What comes to the costs. What can you say. Rich teams will always beat the poor ones.

But the point was that I like the plan with less rallyes.
    Another Flying Finn

There also might be a rotation between the rallyes. Imagine the good points on that. Somewhat new stages every year. Suddenly the adnvantage of experience is decreased and the newcomers start almost from the same level to the rallyes.

What comes to the costs. What can you say. Rich teams will always beat the poor ones.

But the point was that I like the plan with less rallyes.
    The rotation system scares me, i think 2007 is the first tiome that rotation was good, because 3 rallyes with small interst (at elast two of them) were excluded to put 3 execelent rallyes (i think Ireland will be a excelent rally) on the callendar. But as a good decision from FIA is not usual, they back to the old bad decisiions, and these 3 excelent rallyes will not be on 2008 callendar. The rotation system is good if well done, when done as FIA does, scares me because the WRC usually end loosing, not winning.

If you like a plan with less rallyes, i like a plan with more rallyes to give more visibility to rallying and give more space to have godo ecvents, new events and mantains the one that are old and important and are part of the history. With 12 rallyes and so many interested countries, i don't see much space to do that.
    Three gears are enough!