Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts

Thumbs up Kris Meeke leaves WRC

Talented British driver Kris Meeke has decided to leave WRC. He said he is sick of the current situation in this championship. He said WRC is a place where only money is important and not talent. He was offered a season in PWRC, but he rejected it saying that PWRC is a road to nowhere giving expamples of Niall McShea and Martin Rowe, who were both PWRC champions, and who were both forced to leave WRC as no teams were interested in them.

Meeke said he will still wait if anybody offers him a drive in a WRC car, but he will not approach everybody with a beggar's hat and beg for a chance.

Kris Meeke on the Rally of Poland:
    http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=1609&pg_[go]=22
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let's see if he will manage to enter the IRC now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    surely the pwrc is better then nothing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESWRC
    True, better than to stay at home or than to continiue with s1600.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESWRC

where does it lead? The guy knows he is worth a WRC seat, cant really blame him for getting down hearted that his 'sport' no longer regards or rewards talent
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    Meeke said he will still wait if anybody offers him a drive in a WRC car, but he will not approach everybody with a beggar's hat and beg for a chance.
    He is/was quite naive to think the world really works that way. Talent is nothing, contacts are everything. A few weeks ago I read an interview with Gregoire de Mevius, who said when he was still driving the WRC, he thought exactly the same as Meeke does now. Wiser now, De Mevius has a Rallyraid-team with Nissan pick-up trucks with which he will compete the Dakar 2007.

Also it's a little odd Meeke doesn't accept the PWRC deal. I can imagine worser jobs than rally-drving.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Also it's a little odd Meeke doesn't accept the PWRC deal. I can imagine worser jobs than rally-drving.
    Same here as RedBull surely has some plans for the future in rallying...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you not understand. Meeke is not a rich man, he has got this far solely on merit, nothing else. For the Redbull PWRC drive he apparently needed to bring €300.000, not can you see why?

As I said on another thread...

now you are beginning to understand UK!! that is exactly the problem. Britian has a problem of living in the past, and resting on laurals of past acheivements. when we mean british drivers have no support.... it means absolutley no support.. from sponsors, media, teams, manufacturers, business... nothing.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    Do you not understand. Meeke is not a rich man, he has got this far solely on merit, nothing else. For the Redbull PWRC drive he apparently needed to bring €300.000, not can you see why?

As I said on another thread...

now you are beginning to understand UK!! that is exactly the problem. Britian has a problem of living in the past, and resting on laurals of past acheivements. when we mean british drivers have no support.... it means absolutley no support.. from sponsors, media, teams, manufacturers, business... nothing.
    I didnt know he had to bring money as well it didn't say that at the start of the thread, it said he had been offered a drive nothing about money so no need to get in a stress about it and say we live in the past.
    300.000 is not alot compared to the amount the a WRC drive costs. Neither Mcshee or Rowe dominated GRP N and so sponsers were not that interested where as if Meeke dominated every round then maybe things could progress with a good backing. It could be his last chance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    double post.. sorry
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com