Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile ecarinsurance.co.uk, opinions please

They have given me a really good quote however my mum is about curious as it's SO good.

So....has anyone had experience with them? First of all, are they legit? Are they good to be with etc?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    never heard of 'em. Sorry
    BatRacer: Real racing in 5 minutes :cool:

More points from that last race than the previous 6!!!! Winning is cool :cool:

BatRacer: Edge of your seat stuff. :cool:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Did you do a search through www.moneysupermarket.com

Caroline saved 200 quid on her policy by doing a search there and they only list reputable companies. You can also post on the forums and ask if their insurance expert Peter Gerrard has heard of them If something seems too good to be true then it probably it too good to be true
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    £250 3rd party F&T on my mum's insurance on a Peugeot 306 2.0i XSI.... :

Money supermarket have been rather rubbish for me lately, £3,000 quotes, seem to search less companies than they used to

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    3k to insure a 306 XSi? Are you sure you've entered everything in correctly. That seems a tad high even for an 18 year old

I put my details in (changed it to the fact that I'm 18) and it came up with a quote for 448 from performancedirect.co.uk. That's assuming I am 18 have 2 years driving experience and have 2 years ncb. Unless your area has a reputation for people firebombing cars there's no reason why you should be getting quotes for 3k. If I'd put myself as being on someone elses policy it could have been cheaper. Just put myself as having a licence for a year and having 1 years ncb and it was 550.

I think I've discovered your problem. I put in some false details for a mother and then added an 18 year old male as a second driver and came up with a 3 grand premium Time to insure the car in your name it seems
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Forgot to also mention to check the excess on the policy. Quite often there is a nice juicy low premium but the insurance companies take you from behind when you have an accident. Check what your excess for an at fault accident is and compare it to the excesses other companies charge.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Oh and finally. Find out who they are underwritten by, you're legally allowed to ask them this. Is it a large underwriter like the Lloyds Group? If so then that's good. Or are they underwritten by some company that trades out of the Cayman Islands? This is not so good because when you go to claim they might not be there. Very much a buyer beware situation with companies you've never heard of.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    That's assuming I am 18 have 2 years driving experience and have 2 years ncb.
    Pretty difficult to get 2 years NCB and experience at 18.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Pretty difficult to get 2 years NCB and experience at 18.
    It was late

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    £3000 pounds for a 2.0litre isn't surprising. My 1.2 was going to be around £1,500 on my own policy, so I went on my mums, but it was still £800 :\
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!