Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WSB Misano

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    Biaggi taking out Nori cost Nori at least 20 points and me a large contribution to the swear jar. . OK, I'm over it now. On to Brno!
    Yeah, then damn Jones compounded the problem by taking out Foret. Not happy, at least til the Yamaha boys finished first and second.
    On Toseland, I'd give him a bit more time before questioning his fighting abilities. He had a crash at the last round in horrible conditions but managed to salvage an impressive 8th. Then his team made the mistake of not testing at Misano where they couldn't get the right settings. He's a racer and he'll keep Bayliss and Haga honest.
    Nice to see Kagayama's return to form and I think he'll give some of the top guys the hurry-up at some of the upcoming rounds. Also, Roby Rolfo has been quietly improving as the year progresses and starting to justify his place. He'll get a few podiums by the end I reckon.
    The series is heating up nicely.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Biaggi taking out Nori cost Nori at least 20 points and me a large contribution to the swear jar. . OK, I'm over it now. On to Brno!
    Yeah, then damn Jones compounded the problem by taking out Foret. Not happy, at least til the Yamaha boys finished first and second.

On Toseland, I'd give him a bit more time before questioning his fighting abilities. He had a crash at the last round in horrible conditions but managed to salvage an impressive 8th. Then his team made the mistake of not testing at Misano where they couldn't get the right settings. He's a racer and he'll keep Bayliss and Haga honest.

Nice to see Kagayama's return to form and I think he'll give some of the top guys the hurry-up at some of the upcoming rounds. Also, Roby Rolfo has been quietly improving as the year progresses and starting to justify his place. He'll get a few podiums by the end I reckon.

The series is heating up nicely.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    osg, I reckon Tosser has improved the last couple of years, but I have a feeling if his machinery leaves him under the pump he will struggle big time.

I'm sure Honda want this championship bad, coz they ain't gonna retain number 1 in MotoGP. So expect some serious support from Japan.
    hmm........... good rider no doubt, i agree totally what you say about the bike though, i have a funny feeling he's gonna struggle setup wise somewhere in the next few rounds, and it may just cost him the title, cos once Bayliss gets his nose in front..... well he's near impssible to contain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats Max for you chac.......... hasn't changed one bit. And i wouldn't mind a small wager he attempted to place the blame on Nori as well!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    Thats Max for you chac.......... hasn't changed one bit. And i wouldn't mind a small wager he attempted to place the blame on Nori as well!
    He said that Nori came across him and took his line. "Perhaps he didn't see me?" he said. Umm, probably not til you took his front wheel Max!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    He said that Nori came across him and took his line. "Perhaps he didn't see me?" he said. Umm, probably not til you took his front wheel Max!
    aha!!!!!!!! my $$ are safe Ninja!!!!!!! God he's a ****er of the highest degree is Maximus.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Still not quite right, Bradley Smith = 125cc .. Craig Jones = WSS
    ARRRRGGGHHHH...

See what happens when you throw a couple of Caucs in with all those "no vowels and 4 syllables" surnames...

I'm *thinking* Bayliss for the title, but I'm *hoping* it will be Toseland. If only because I think he got rogered by Ducati after he took the 2004 title and sometimes Ducati needs a poke in the eye (like Bayliss did when he took the last MotoGP race out last year).
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    I'm *thinking* Bayliss for the title, but I'm *hoping* it will be Toseland. If only because I think he got rogered by Ducati after he took the 2004 title and sometimes Ducati needs a poke in the eye (like Bayliss did when he took the last MotoGP race out last year).
    Thats a very interesting angle on Toseland there that I hadn't really thought of. His title defence was pretty pathetic but you would like to think that winning a title for them counted for a little more loyalty than he received. It would have been great to see Troy and James going head-to-head on equal machinery. Having said that, I think he has really prospered in a team that focuses on him and it would be good to see him win (though I can't barrack against Bayliss) and have a crack at MotoGP having conquered WSB.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I reckon if Bayliss beats Toseland for the title it will be difficult for Toseland to make a comfortable move to MotoGP - after all, if a MotoGP cast-off beats you for the title, how are you going to go against the guys that repeatedly beat him???

But then again, if he was to stay in WSB following a defeat to Bayliss, he'd then be up against a 1098 with a Bayliss in the seat. Would be a morale sapping experience either way...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    I reckon if Bayliss beats Toseland for the title it will be difficult for Toseland to make a comfortable move to MotoGP - after all, if a MotoGP cast-off beats you for the title, how are you going to go against the guys that repeatedly beat him???

But then again, if he was to stay in WSB following a defeat to Bayliss, he'd then be up against a 1098 with a Bayliss in the seat. Would be a morale sapping experience either way...
    Some good points there mate, Tose REALLY has to buck up now and fight like a champion and proove his worth to the the world of MotoGP. Honestly, if he is hunted down and beaten to the title by Bayliss it will damage his acclaim a fair bit. Im pretty sure a WorldSBK title will guarantee Jimmy a ride with a Honda team in GP's, thats what he wants, Honda are on the way up and by 08 they will be back as a swarm towards the front end of the field.

Although, contrary to that rambling, ive also heard Honda are eager for Toseland to stay in SBK and keep winning them titles, maybe he'll need to take another avenue into GPs. Either way, he has a tough slog ahead of him.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!