Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alonso bitches on Spanish press

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte...9&t=1181652171

From which I highlight:

"Desde el primer momento no he estado cómodo del todo. Estoy con un compañero inglés, que lo está haciendo genial, en un equipo inglés, y sabemos que todas la ayudas son para él."

For those of you with weak Spanish language skills:

"From the first moment I've not felt confortable at all (at McLaren). I have an English team-mate, that's doing great, in an English team and I know that he gets all the help (from the team)."

Comments?

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    people forget just how young Fernando still is, and young guys tend to be fairly thin skinned and get a bit sooky when things dont go their own way. I can see how Fernando might be feeling a bit left out, but he'll get over it

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    people forget just how young Fernando still is, and young guys tend to be fairly thin skinned and get a bit sooky when things dont go their own way. I can see how Fernando might be feeling a bit left out, but he'll get over it
    He's 26, he's not that young anymore
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Its certain to feel a bit strange for FA to go from the comfort of Renault where he was given the kind of adoration reserved only for Schumi at Ferrari, and move to a team that has always had a more distant relationahip with drivers exept a select few (Mika, Senna and no maybe Lewis). It kind of makes me wonder yet again why he wanted to switch?
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    We all knew that he will throw the toys out of the pram at the first sign that he isn't favored.
    Still not as funny as his Bahrain excuse: the lights fall on the car during the night.

He didn't complain about Monaco though!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have serious doubts that Ron Dennis will tolerate these kind of comments about the team for that long... One thing's for sure, if Alonso keeps getting beat by Hamilton he'll keep on bitching (it's in his nature as we've already witnessed while he was at Renault) and that may eventually lead to an early departure from the team... The problem is (for him) that that aren't that many atractive alternatives out there (since Ferrari isn't an option).

I really like Alonso as a driver, and he's got a huge undeniable talent, but his character and behavior leaves much to be desired...

PS - Sorry for my English if it isn't that clear - I'm no native English speaker.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I think the guy needs a break. He's been under too much pressure over the years. He was dubbed the next big thing and he certainly lived up to the expectations. He duly took his first pole and win in '03 and then his first title in '05 when the car was good enough. In '06 he was under even more pressure to show his title was no fluke and face the challenge of Ferrari and MS, which he did brilliantly. After so many achievements ideally, he'd need an "off" year but yet again he's in the pressure zone with a new team and a new challenge and a teammate like no other teammate. Now what do you do? Kimi would relax by getting drunk, Jacques would dye his hair, Eddie would boot his girlfriend and find a new one. Fernando is different. He's seen very little life outside of racing. His idea of letting his emotions out is bitching to the racing press. Let's remember, he was complaining about his team and teammate in the heat of the title fight last year. So I tell you, give him a break and let him relax and chill out. He'll be okay.
    Llibertat

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_roadhog
    It kind of makes me wonder yet again why he wanted to switch?
    lol, you think he should have stayed at Renault?

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Still not as funny as his Bahrain excuse: the lights fall on the car during the night.
    What was his excuse in Bahrain? I haven't heard this one.