Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curry
    jparker

How did he get a flat tire? Because he pushed so hard that he destroyed 2 tires, so that to means Gronholm beat him in a straight fight because he saved his tires.
    OK, fine. But as noted before Greece is somehow unique event in wich engine power is not decisive, and also Ford traditionally do well there. Same applies to Solberg. Both Ford and Subaru capitalized on the rough conditions, not because of improvement in development.
    In other words, Sardegna and Greece don't change the big picture.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jparker, what a strange logic! You suppose, that when Gronholm did mistakes in 2006 and presented Seb the title, it was Loeb so good, and this year, when it's Loeb's turn to make mistakes, you don't acknowledge that it's Marcus so good and Loeb so "bad", you still continue saying Loeb is the best...
    Well... so, when others make mistakes, all the credit to Loeb, but when Loeb makes mistakes, the man who take advantage of it doesn't get your credit... So, do you know how it's called?... You're biased...
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    jparker, what a strange logic! You suppose, that when Gronholm did mistakes in 2006 and presented Seb the title, it was Loeb so good, and this year, when it's Loeb's turn to make mistakes, you don't acknowledge that it's Marcus so good and Loeb so "bad", you still continue saying Loeb is the best...
    Well... so, when others make mistakes, all the credit to Loeb, but when Loeb makes mistakes, the man who take advantage of it doesn't get your credit... So, do you know how it's called?... You're biased...
    Actually I think you are biased. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it prevents you from getting my point.
    You have to get all the numbers and stats from last year and this year, and you will realize that both years belong to Loeb, like it or not. Even Ford didn't win the title, it was given away by Citroen. But this is not because of Marcus, I share equal respect to both drivers. It's just the car he drives.
    What I don't like is crediting Ford and Gronholm as team with no particular reason. Gronholm himself deserver all credits for what he's doing for Ford, but they are not the top team.
    Just start reading this thread from the top, and you'll see all credits going to him. Why? Because he doesn't make mistakes and finishes always second.
    Remember Richard Burns (R.I.P), when he was driving the same way Marcus does this year, everyone was bashing him as "non spectacular" driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    Actually I think you are biased. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it prevents you from getting my point.
    You have to get all the numbers and stats from last year and this year, and you will realize that both years belong to Loeb, like it or not. Even Ford didn't win the title, it was given away by Citroen. But this is not because of Marcus, I share equal respect to both drivers. It's just the car he drives.
    What I don't like is crediting Ford and Gronholm as team with no particular reason. Gronholm himself deserver all credits for what he's doing for Ford, but they are not the top team.
    Just start reading this thread from the top, and you'll see all credits going to him. Why? Because he doesn't make mistakes and finishes always second.
    Remember Richard Burns (R.I.P), when he was driving the same way Marcus does this year, everyone was bashing him as "non spectacular" driver.

haha...Marcus non spectacular driver... Wow! You just once again repeat what I was pointing at. And by the way, any victory of any team can be considered as the same opportunity, thrown away by another team! So, When in 2003 Citroen won the title, we can easily say it was peugeot who just gave it away. When in 2004 Loeb won the title, we can say it was Solberg, who gave the crown away.But I'm sure, for you this logic works only when someone else than Loeb wins smth.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

haha...Marcus non spectacular driver... Wow! You just once again repeat what I was pointing at. And by the way, any victory of any team can be considered as the same opportunity, thrown away by another team! So, When in 2003 Citroen won the title, we can easily say it was peugeot who just gave it away. When in 2004 Loeb won the title, we can say it was Solberg, who gave the crown away.But I'm sure, for you this logic works only when someone else than Loeb wins smth.
    Well, its very unlikely we reach an agreement on that one, so lets put it away. I just hope you don't start whining "it's too boring" and "he's not human" again later this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    Well, its very unlikely we reach an agreement on that one, so lets put it away. I just hope you don't start whining "it's too boring" and "he's not human" again later this year.
    Yeah, and I don't wanna hear, in case Gronholm wins the title, that it was not down to him and Ford, but because of Loeb and Citroen' misfortunes.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    A big enough lead ? noway, not when the runner-up has the name of Sebastien Loeb But I wouldn't mind to see Marcus winning the title before retiring from WRC
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curry

[...]
    For the record my prediction is Mikko 3rd and Dani 4th in the driver’s championship, which Solberg will be 5th?
    My prediction:

Loeb and Grönholm (don’t now who will end up first)
    Mikko Hirvonene
    Dani Sordo
    Henning Solberg

And Petter Solberg somewhere in this list (but highly unlikely as 1.st.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glee
    My prediction:

Loeb and Grönholm (don’t now who will end up first)
    Mikko Hirvonene
    Dani Sordo
    Henning Solberg

And Petter Solberg somewhere in this list (but highly unlikely as 1.st.)
    let s wait how competitive is subaru on tarmac and than predict where will be petter solberg at the end of season

but for first three places you got right
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Anything can happen. Just remember last year.
    yess true ! ...

Marcus can finish second on one tarmac round .. We don't know.. I believe it ! Marcus will champion