Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    the fact that Gronholm has never retired so far shows that his approach this year is definately not flat out.....if Loeb continues to go flat out and ridicules him everywhere like he does so far i think the gap will narrow and Gronholm will start to push and i think 1 retirement is guaranteed for him...the thing is if Loeb also continues to make mistakes then Gronholm can be champ.

To answer the question i think the lead is big enough for Gronholm if he continues his startegy...but if he gets borred to get beaten like a sick dog and tries to push then the championship is definately Loebs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NOT, but what was in Greece? Gronholm wasn't beaten by Loeb, his strategy was to push at the beginning to build up a good lead and then control his lead? So... who tried, but wasn't able to climb higher than 2nd? Who wasn't even able in Sradinia to control his lead? Well, following your logic, it was Seb who got beaten like a sick dog... But I'm not you, and I will never call one of the two best ever drivers in the world a sick dog, no matter whom I support - Loeb or Gronholm.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As it is now, no. Seb is due for some bad luck though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry for the off topic, but I really hope Seb will not win the title this year, because by then the record will stay with Tommi (4 in a row)

But I see the guy winning it, as the tarmac rallies are in the second part of the season
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Loeb will win Finland but then will do a 0 in a tarmac rally (that could even be his untouchable Deutschland). Given Marcus wins it, it is 17 points to play with. That's a big enough lead.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    the fact that Gronholm has never retired so far shows that his approach this year is definately not flat out.....if Loeb continues to go flat out and ridicules him everywhere like he does so far i think the gap will narrow and Gronholm will start to push and i think 1 retirement is guaranteed for him...the thing is if Loeb also continues to make mistakes then Gronholm can be champ.

To answer the question i think the lead is big enough for Gronholm if he continues his startegy...but if he gets borred to get beaten like a sick dog and tries to push then the championship is definately Loebs.
    You tend to diminish Gronholm too much ! And definitely Gron you shouldn't. Since is the only driver currently who beats Loeb without needing luck! Actually there are many cases he lost from Loeb due to his own bad luck! And is the only guy who put the Frenchman under pressure. Something which I believe will continue through the year (at least I hope so)!
    But anyway for the moment the game is in his favour. He drove flat out in Greece even when he had built a safe gap Seb tried to attack only to find out that he couldn't cut more than a sec or two.
    Can you say that Loeb was ridiculed in Greece or in Sweden? When he end up overhauled by Gron?
    I am wondering what are your expressions for the rest of the WRC line up from position number 3 and below!
    FIAT ABARTH SQUADRA CORSE

TO FINISH FIRST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great to see that I have stirred some good debate in the mid season break we have at the moment.

duff
    Regarding Peter and Subaru, I hope your right as I am Subaru supporter but I think it’s too early to say whether he will be a factor after just one good event. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the mix in Wales, which might put a interesting twist into the outcome of the drivers’ championship. Your right, Ireland will be a big wild card especially if it is raining – but I suspect that a wet surface will suit Loeb more than Gronholm.

WRCfan
    I too think Mikko is a chance of getting 2nd in Finland, I don’ think Malcolm will let him win it if he leads Marcus on the final day. What you say about being letting of the leash is too true as I see Malcolm being very strict about getting points in the constructors as you have to expect that Ford’s lead will be dented by the 4 remaining tarmac events.

koko0703
    Regarding Sordo; the only events that I can see Sordo beating Loeb barring retirements is the 4 tarmac events and the team will not let this happen if the C4’s are one and two.

kleisj
    Your right it will be very interesting to see how Sebastian handles the pressure of being behind if he still is with 2 or 3 events to go.

MikeD
    As others have rightly said Seb can’t afford another DNF but I disagree that Marcus can afford a DNF. In my opinion there is no way that Marcus can afford to not to finish with 4 tarmac events remaining

White Sauron
    In a fight without mechanical issues I don’t believe Marcus is faster than Dani on tarmac. Dani is improving a lot this year and when you combine that with his favourite surface I believe that he would beat Marcus more often than not on tarmac.

N.O.T
    Has Marcus ever gone through a year without having a DNF caused by driver error? Half of me is just wondering when he is going to throw it away – but I hope not.

White Sauron
    I agree, I think Marcus’s strategy in Greece worked perfectly, that is push like hell in the first morning when Loeb is usually off the pace (happened a lot this year) then protect your lead by driving to the splits on days 2 and 3 and frustrate Seb.

For the record my prediction is Mikko 3rd and Dani 4th in the driver’s championship, which Solberg will be 5th?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Too close now to predict anything IMO.
    Loeb could easily win the 4 tarmac rallyes, so I think it's vital for Loeb that Sordo finishes 2nd in those rallyes, same for Grönholm who needs Hirvonen to fight for 2nd on gravel rallyes.
    and Solberg might end up taking points from both.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    It's strange how people in this forum change their opinion based on latest results. Just before Sardegna many were complaining about boring season and that Loeb will be champion again, too boring, he's not human and so on. The simple truth is that currently Loeb has better package this year and only technical problems or mistakes will prevent him from becoming champion one more time. The only reason Gronholm is currently ahead is because of Loeb's misfortune in Norway, Sardegna, and Greece. Yes, Greece. The flat tire give the win to Gronholm, he didn't win it in straight fight. The only hope for Marcus (as allready noted) is the new Evo07, if it matches the C4, his chances will be a lot greater.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jparker
    The flat tire give the win to Gronholm, he didn't win it in straight fight.
    How did he get a flat tire? Because he pushed so hard that he destroyed 2 tires, so that to means Gronholm beat him in a straight fight because he saved his tires.